4 Stroke to 2 Stroke - KA100

In 22 years I have raced Yamaha Pipe, 125 Shifter, Tag, Formula First(similar to Formula Vee), Spec Racer Ford, Spec Miata, and LO206.

Spec Miata and Spec Racer Ford were great and between $10-$15k a year for 5 weekends. LO206 is maybe $2-3k for 11 weekends a year.

The track I run at has a Tag class also. They get about 2-3 racers each weekend. LO206 I have 4 classes to choose from and each runs 12-20 a sessions. I would not change to Tag even if I could run it for free. I want to run where the good racing is. Right now, where I race it is LO206. How “cool” the vehicle is a distant second in my priority.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong. I wish Tag or KA100 were popular here, but they are not. On the other hand the last two weekends I have had great racing with an average of 15 drivers each day and 3 to 4 on track passes each race, not including the normal first lap stuff.

Ok, yeah, agreed field is first priority.

1 Like

It just takes a couple of guys to run KA100 over a year or two and the fields will grow. I think the KA100 driving experience offers a significant difference to the LO206. Not saying one is better than the other but different enough. Whereas the difference between the TaG-125 (X-30) and TaG-100 (KA100) is less so but X-30 maintenance and complexity is noticeably higher than with the KA100. I think this is reason that KA100 has grown. I think it’s done some real good for karting.