Anybody here got a project car or truck?

Fun fact: I have 2 children and Andy has 2 Porsches. They cost very similar, but I don’t get to stop making payments after a few years.

So due to budget and my love for weird things, I drive a Janky old Mazda as a track car. There’s a long project thread on Rx7club for people wanting to burn up some time.

https://www.rx7club.com/build-threads-292/94-white-track-street-build-simple-but-effective-1108119/

Imgur

9 Likes

That’s a beauty. I have always had a soft spot for those.

That is far from janky bro, nice ride!

2 Likes

Have always wanted a Miata.

Today became the day I got one, spent hours looking and finally came across one in great condition. 114k miles one owner and garage kept.

Really excited and grateful to be able to finally get one.

6 Likes

This was my first car, I loved it!

1 Like

20221006_192044
My toy aka x30 junior and my dads/my toy 2022 911 turbo s

2 Likes

We have a 2003 Nissan 350Z .

5 Likes

Pre-emptively posting the E60 M5 I bought yesterday. Knowing these cars if it’s not a project, it will be soon enough :smile:

11 Likes

'96 Cobra, Kenne Bell supercharged. MM suspension. Crappy old blower. Needs either a bigger blower or a Coyote 5.0. Havent quite decided which. Was set on a Coyote but these cars are getting older so im tempted to keep it a luttle more original since it only has 37k miles.

4 Likes

You bought an E60 M5 with the grill stripes… how many dozen miles do you predict before catastrophic engine failure?

Kidding aside, amazing car. Minus the reliability concerns. Congrats.

My 99 Mazda B2500 kart hauler. Essentially a Ford Ranger with Mazda badging. 4” lift, Fuel wheels and only has 132k at 23 years old. I’m pretty meticulous about taking care of anything I own from my cars to my kart. Even my 10 year old riding mower looks like new :grin:

5 Likes

Hoping I’ll get winter out of it, then do VANOS pump and rod bearings in spring. Clutch has about 7k on it, throttle actuators are done too.

Near term I need winter tires and a muffler undelete. It sounds glorious and all, but neighbors don’t need to hear it at 6am.

But damn it sounds amazing and the SMG is ridiculous at full speed.

Funny thing is, I wasn’t looking for an M5. I was looking at wagons and Range Rovers but it popped up in search.

2 Likes

1987 635i… I wish I had the time to do more on it. Seems like it always is last on the list

2 Likes

Did it come with the optional turn signals?

2 Likes

I have a few

1990 944S2 Cab with L33 Smallblock
2001 996 Turbo Bigger turbos/suspension etc…
2007 997 Turbo almost bone stock (Wheel spacers and studs)
2021 Mustang GT daily.

5 Likes

What happened to the volvo daily? Too many cold start high rev encounters?

That sounds like fun! :+1:

It did, but they had with a ton dust on them :smiley:
I joke with people and say I like to confuse other road users by using the turn signal.

Another pic. It’s been sitting a couple of days until I get time to address the thermostat. Getting cold in these parts.

2 Likes

Sold it with 500k on it… Its still going strong under the new owner. I miss it, that thing was a beast!

I miss my 2020 GT daily. But I took a job up north and it became useless. Made $7k on it and replaced it with a '21 Wrangler. Then kind of built the Wrangler.

4 Likes