Anybody here got a project car or truck?

Changed out the thermostat and plugs on the M5. Would have been rude of me to not let it breathe without the plenums on and record it. Im calling it Alpha-N mod :laughing:

I’m half considering removing the hood and taking it for a drive with the GoPro on there. I’d need to defeat the SMG switch thing but that seems pretty trivial.

Need the salt to die down on the roads a little first though. I don’t mind taking some risks, but yeah I’m not gonna have the engine eat on that.

1 Like

That induction noise as the valves open up is lovely. Wish we could have that in our dailies. It might never get old.

I had a 550 but I think that was an 8cyl.

There was a car show at the little local airport this weekend and as I was headed out to race I was passed by two tuner Miata’s.

They were not fancy but had slightly larger wheels and had their headlights up. Absolutely adorable and cool looking simultaneously. Felt a sudden urge to race one.

2 Likes

Like TJ said - that’s awesome. Toledo has an annual Jeep Fest (I live right outside Toledo - Jeeps are everywhere here. I have family and friends who work(ed) at the Jeep plant(s) - old and new. I think your jeep would get some serious appreciation here. Check out https://toledojeepfest.com for more info. There is an indoor display area for rare and unique Jeeps too.

I passed an XKE convertible, An Austin Healy 3000, a Triumph Spitfire, TR7 or 8, MGB, (the list goes on) on my way home from the track Sunday. The annual British Car show took place that day.

1 Like