Ask any questions about karting data analysis using Race Studio

Yep you should be able to export a csv from a specific lap.

In fact @DavinRS even has a video about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgeS08Bbov4

You can…the question is why you’d want to. If it is mychron data simply tell him the lap and corner, and he can with 2 clicks pull that up.

I’m with Eric on this one.
You can just select a single lap in Race Studio, and even break that lap down into segments by channel, so I feel like exporting is asking yourself to do way too much work for a feature that you already get out of the box.

@DavinRS, is it possible to identify through RS data analysis if chassis is too “tied” or presenting overgrip?

Sometimes we compare two sessions, looking at the speed trace or RPM trace at corner exit and if it’s slower to rise/accelerate, that’s a good indication the kart is struggling more off the corner and could be over gripped. You sort of need to combine that data with the driver’s feedback on how the kart feels, as “slow to accelerate” could be a few different issues.

2 Likes

TJ pretty much nailed it there.

2 Likes

Not sure if it’s been discussed in this thread but comparing data with other drivers (especially) in the same class seemed to help the most. The ultimate is if you can convince a better driver (same weight) to drive your kart.

2 Likes

Thanks for this! I’ll be taking advantage of the info and asking questions!