Bert's 2022 Fantasy F1 League Thread

Joined. I’ll explore the app tonight

Is anyone else having issues with GridRival? It keeps telling me that I haven’t joined any leagues, but then I click the join link posted above, it says that I’ve already joined this league but it’s not placing the league in my “Left Bar” for easy access or when I login on my laptop it says “You’re not in any leagues”. Hmmm…

Same here 20 characters

So I’m looking at it now. The app was updated recently and both of the leagues I’ve created got deleted. I’ll look into options and create something new and send it out soon.

Alright, so since Grid Rival booted us, it gives us the opportunity to make a switch if we want to. So there are three options:

-Grid Rival
I won’t explain the details of this one since I have already. It’s probably the most “competitive” and best thought out true fantasy team style game. The app is better than F1’s app. This one would probably involve the most time.

-F1 Fantasy (official)
Point system more closely aligns with actual points. 25 for first, 18 for second, 15 for third etc. It still uses budget system similar to GridRival. The bonuses seem a little more random to me. For example, driver finishes top ten 5 races in a row, but then it resets. Weird to me. I like the rolling average bonus from grid rival better. There’s no mobile app.

-ESPN Pick Em
You make about 10 “picks” per race. They change from race to race. For example some of the picks for the first race: Who wins? Lewis, Max, LeClerc, or Anyone Else. Will Russell Podium? Yes or no. Who finishes higher? Bottas or Vettel. Full Course Safety Car? Yes or no. This one is probably the least effort, but the least strategy as well. More luck involved. Each pick is worth the same points. You can make picks after qualifying I believe. You can use ESPN Fantasy app to make your picks or online.

• Grid Rival
  • F1 Fantasy
  • ESPN Pick 'em

0 voters

I’ll go with whatever you want, said GridRival

Seems like grid rival is still good with everyone. I’ll set the league up again.

Here’s a link:

1 Like

I also chose GridRival, but the other ones are decent options too. Wouldn’t be opposed to running GR and F1-Fantasy. I’ll be joining two other F1F leagues this year so at least they will all be in the same place.

Will someone let me know when to start making team and stuff? I have never tried this before so I am somewhat clueless.

I thought it rather rude to tell me that none of my drivers have talent:

I figured it out but that was kinda funny. You have to click the star next to one

1 Like

Joined! in 2020 I got 116th in the US, and something like 600th in the world. 2021 I sucked.

1 Like

What’s the sketch now with grid rival, 3 days before the first race weekend starts it’s still locked?

I just locked my team in for the weekend. Not sure what you’re seeing @Richard_Jacques, works for me.

You’re not on the list in the league, did you join the new league? The original got deleted when the app updated.

I’m seeing this

Search for Kartpulse in join a league it’s not there?

You’re in the old league. The new league is about 8 posts up.

Got it thanks brother

1 Like

Am I in correct league?

Looks like yes

I’m in… 20 characters