CAD Gig - Output Shaft Extension & Support

Just FYI, I have a very lightly used Matter Hackers Pulse XE 3D printer that I was going to sell once I get off my ass the post it on Craig’s List. It is capable of the high-temps needed to print the Matter Hacker’s “engineering grade” filament (Nylon X - aka carbon fiber infused nylon), which is quite strong stuff. Anyway, this link show (and provides details about) a slightly newer version of the printer.

1 Like

It looked like they printed it on the side instead of vertical. If it’s off just a little bit you can use a file on the plastic as the outer shell should be several layers thick. If it’s off a lot… then I possibly misinterpreted the dimensions, sorry.

1 Like

Dimensions are probably fine since it’s the male version of the same pattern as the other end right?

Yes, it’s the same pattern.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Gave the drive sprocket a second shove today and it went on. Lines up real nice with the new engine mount I have.

2 Likes

This is why I’m not very keen on having people drill another keyway on their (most likely used) axle to use the horizontal pitbike engines.

Granted, the break in the pic is on the outside of the right most bearing carrier, but nonetheless I’d hate to have an engine that’s associated with axle breakages… or worse. Loose wheels have lead to deaths on track.

Haven’t had much chance to progress on this horizontal engine\pit bike engine project.
Hoping to connect with someone in the next few weeks that might be able to help move it forward.

2 Likes

There’s a study I read that actually looked into keyway slop and part failure, and their relation was almost exponential. So yeah, don’t hack a key slot

If you can refind it and share the link that would be awesome.

I’ll do my best, I found it during a very deep dive into the engineering side of the internet

1 Like

If you machine it it’ll crack at the base of the splines. You need an internal spline broach and for the external splined part to bolt on…