Capture your track day

I am guessing the blue bars across the top represent the individual18650 batteries?

Across the pack yes, I believe it now has 34S2P A123 20Ah pouches. Here is the ā€œbuildā€ forum, where nuxland is Kolme. Enjoy:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=68543

Not my video and I canā€™t take credit for the edit but here is our club race from last weekend:

I always forget to turn my GoPro onā€¦

1 Like

Anybody figure out where and how to better mount a GoPro (Session) on a 206 kart? Iā€™ve currently got mine mounted on the nassau panel and the vibes of the 206 mess with it just enough to make a blurry/out of focus picture. Beyond modding or fabbing a bracket to mount somewhere Iā€™m not sure where else to put it.

1 Like

That camera doesnā€™t seem to have enough motion stabilization to handle the vibrations of faring mount. Itā€™s watchable but a bit shaky.
You could try helmet mount so you donā€™t get the mechanical shaking.

Yeah the nassau, especially as you get closer to the top, moves around a bit, you could try mounting lower on the nassau. Nightime might exacerbate this as the camera tries to compensateā€¦ making the video extra noisy.

It might need a bracket to ultimately get it in a place you might like. This is where radiators are a good optionā€¦ just not for a 206. Perhaps you could modify a rad bracket in some way to make this work. You could try the engine, but when Iā€™ve done that itā€™s been (understandably) pretty shaky too.

I think for Cup Karts NA, helmet mounting is not allowed at the moment.

Just about everyone (at least the orgs and tracks I race with) have banned helmet mounting. The 206 is only engine that has affected the cam mounted on the nassau. Even the Yamaha and TaGs havenā€™t produced this much vibration. Guess Iā€™ll start experimenting with mounting options.

Yeah thereā€™s definitely a large THUD/ChuggaChugga vibration from the 206 compared to the others, even the clone. My wife remarked on this too when she first drove one, it was very noticeable until you got going on the track and up to speed.

1 Like

Has anyone toyed with trying to create a mount that absorbs vibrations? Maybe some sort of foam between the mount and the faring?

Hereā€™s my solution, no major issues with vibration although maybe I should have done a mount with a longer reach (9inch instead of the 6) my arm takes up a lot of the Gopro view but itā€™s not terrible.

Here is video from it (the front and rear facing views):
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj75Ag8BuEy

1 Like

Start with this and mix and match 1 inch ball socket arms, etc!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012TWRAO

1 Like

Hereā€™s a rough edit of a day at the track with my eldest. Her first time in a racing kart, I adjusted the pedals and seat so she could drive mine (206). Kid did pretty good for only having about 40mins seat time in rentals up to this point.

Great vid. Really beautiful track and filming. Was expecting Noah Koenig to come blasting by as heā€™s posted a few vids from there. I liked the whole ā€œa day in the lifeā€ vibe of it. Bonus hand shaking footage at 2:20 or so where you can see her thinking ā€œthis is hard work.ā€

1 Like

Thanks. I tried to ā€œjust ship itā€, tell a bit of a story like you said and try to not get too fancy. Iā€™m definitely a better ā€œproducerā€ than filmer or editor :open_mouth:

Weā€™ve had some words about taking hands off the wheel. Next time Iā€™ll make sure I bring gloves, itā€™ll probably help.

I had a couple of funnier shots planned, like me ordering tacos at a drive through coffee place (Caribou in these parts). Another one (I missed it) was my daughter playing cello, with a helmet on while I hammered the ***t out of the master cylinder cap.

I got a chuckle at the beginning when you guys are setting up shop at the track. The moment the foldable chair comes out she plops herself down and watches dad struggle with the awning. I know this feeling well.

2 Likes

Nice mate. Solid quality parenting and bonding time there :+1:

1 Like

RotaxMax_WCKC

RotaxMasters at WCKC

2 Likes