Dirt oval with the Danger Dorito

This weekend I’ll be taking my Aixro “Danger Dorito” dirt kart racing at the annual Buddha Kinser memorial race in Salem, OR. This kart runs in the UAS/Open class that sees many different engine combos built and tuned in so many interesting and unique ways. Anyhow, the live stream for the event is free this year and I thought I’d share it with the community on here in case anyone is bored on Saturday. The show really starts at 12:15 PST with 2 lap qualifying for the UAS class. 2 lap qualifying isn’t my specialty, so hoping for smooth solid laps :grimacing::crossed_fingers:. Then hope to transfer straight to the A main from the heats and not have to go to the B or C mains. I’ve never made the A in my years of trying, so hopefully this is the year as it’s the best prepared I’ve been. Here’s a short clip of some laps from earlier in the season.

The live stream link:

3 Likes

Good luck! A-main here you come. Go Dorito, Go… Bring the spice.

1 Like

Will expressively request for a CIK manufacturer to homologate whatever new engine model they come up with under the official “Danger Dorito” name. 10/10

1 Like

Go go go !!! Rick !!!

Go go go !!! Quick dorito !!! Im waiting yea!!

2 Likes

Technically this is the Spicy Danger Dorito as it’s the high output version of the Aixro XR50 with high compression rotor and dual spark plugs. :grin:

3 Likes

Karting doesn’t need more engine products but it DOES need more of these!

4 Likes

Also ones that spit fire.

Got new graphics done last night, hopefully can keep them looking good for a bit. Tonight is practice, we’ll see how the track is. As long as it has good moisture I’ll be happy.

3 Likes

Sweet! Those oval karts look so cool.

They are a different beast… While still “karting” with a solid axle and no suspension, any other commonality besides round wheels is very little.

1 Like

Well practice last night went pretty well, set my personal best times. A couple tenths off the real fast guys, trying to get the kart to not push on exit. Having to wait to get on power too long. Hopefully figure it out today. The Dorito is running great though, and sounds even better…

3 Likes

Do you guys get to run stagger or right rear offset like full size dirt?

Stagger, offset, yaw, and some karts have adjustable wheelbase for each side.

2 Likes

I’ve done a fair bit of oval racing In cars. Can you give me some insight into the caster split range you run, and what adjusting wheelbase on each side generally does?

1 Like

Qualified P5 with the Danger Dorito! Easily my best qualifying I’ve had in the dirt. Starting P2 in heat 2.

2 Likes

Well I made the A main… Had to do it the hard way and go through the B. Had a good first heat with a 2nd. Then second heat had a dnf due to my water pump coming unplugged. B main I started pole and led flag to flag. Starting the A main in 11th.

2 Likes

Drove from 11th to 6th or so early on in the A main before getting tagged and spun. From 14th I came back through trying to be patient and ended up getting involved in an incident with a kart spinning in front of me. Bent up the RF steering arm and gave me a ton of toe out and hindered the handling. Still was able to stay in 5th after that. Kart was great before the incident, but I’m happy with a 5th. Now the goal post moves to a podium next year.

8 Likes

Solid run. Congrats.

1 Like

Thanks! Got some stuff to improve on for next year, but overall very happy with how everything performed. Some adversity to try and clean up for next year.

1 Like