Egt fitting placement for Iame x30

I seemed to have misplaced the illustration that came with my x30 on location to drill hole for EGT sensor fitting.

Iame East website does not have the illustration available in the document section.

Does anyone have the specs or copy of illustration?

Thanks
Jamie

Jamie,
I seems as there is no spec for the probe location on the pipe as its location would change in relation with the piston with the length of flex used. Only the size of the hole is given. Ask your engine builder or take consensus of the answers to follow.

Fitting goes in header before flex. I actually found info on iame site for finland of all places.

@Norcal_Karters, do you have a recommendation for the position of the EGT sensor on an X30?

Normally the EGT sensor position is expressed in inches from the header. Do you have a link to the info you found?

65mm +/- 5mm , measured from the gasket surface of the header down the middle of the pipe.

Adjusting flex will not affect probe location

2 Likes

In case anyone else has a bit of trouble finding this (the only place I found was the site for finland also), here’s the diagram to verify:

http://www.x30.fi/data/docs/2016_x30_exhaust_temperature_sensor.pdf

1 Like

I ran mine closer, right at 3 1/2 inches from the piston face. It really doesn’t matter much, as far as getting accurate readings, but if you want to compare your EGT readings to your friends, your probe should be very close to what their running them. The farther from the source, the lower the readings. I also think the end of the probe should be in the tube center. Bottom line, just to it like everybody else.