Famous Racing Quotes

Maybe some of you having a hard time at track and needed some motivational words from a famous racing drivers, can be from f1, karting any motorsports.

Feel free to add yours

quote-the-winner-ain-t-the-one-with-the-fastest-car-it-s-the-one-who-refuses-to-lose-dale-earnhardt-130-75-53

quote-once-you-ve-raced-you-never-forget-it-and-you-never-get-over-it-richard-childress-61-67-68

5 Likes

My helmet, has one of my favorites.

7 Likes

My favorite quote is from the legend Dick Trickle:

[ESPN article] He also was quite a character. ESPN sportscaster Allen Bestwick pointed out his favorite Trickle quote, when interviewing him after a crash in a Cup race:

“It was at least 50 percent my fault,” Trickle said. “I went out there with them idiots!”

I love it because of his apathetic and honest accountability for racing and accidents. You can only control your car / quote - I think about it a lot every time I hear someone say “can you believe that guy?! He totally ran me off the track!”

Well…maybe, but what did you do to be in a position where you were involved in the accident. Just something I ponder sometimes.

6 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

Spectator -
“How do you make a Small Fortune in Racing?”

Racer -
“Start with a Big One!”

~Source Unknown~

~Every Racer = $$,$$$,$$$~

4 Likes

I’ll be that guy:

Ricky Bobby: If you ain’t first, you’re last.

Then a special one from a buddy:

I don’t need friends on the track, I brought mine with me.

2 Likes

“In order to finish first, first you must finish”

Author unknown

5 Likes

From the Indy Bump Day podcast series on Dinner with Racers. This was from Tyler Tadevic of Pacific Coast Motorsports. One of my favorite lines ever that I never expected:

If you’ve got something that is really important to you, and you want to pursue it. You should pursue it recklessly. Regret what you did do, verses what you didn’t do. - Tyler Tadevic

3 Likes

In the late 80s, data and telemetry was just beginning to make its way into NASCAR (allowed in testing only), and I saw an interview with Darrell Waltrip about the technology.

The interviewer asked “What do you think about the pits being able to monitor the engine for issues (revs, temps, pressures, etc.) while you’re on track, and what do you think about NASCAR maybe allowing that during races?”

Waltrip said “Well, that’s cool and all, but you’re gunna run the bitch till it blows up anyway, so…”

Then the interviewer asked “Are you guys using a computer to setup the car now?”

Waltrip slapped himself on the ass and said “If you consider this a computer, then yes.”

2 Likes

Author unknown, but I first saw it in Greg Wright’s signature on the EKN forums…

When in doubt, gas it. It might not help, but it will end the suspense.

2 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes
1 Like

Idk if this is famous or not, but whenever I’m racing I just hear Cal (Dennis Hopper in the Corvette) screaming his 3 lines:

1. “You got it! Go for it! Go for it!” - 2:20
  2. “Stand on it! Stand on it!” - 2:33
  3. “We’re racing against the clock my man, its time my man. Time is speed, speed is time” - 2:50
2 Likes

Reminds me an old driver who his father always touched the disc brake and if it was hot he yelled at him
“You only brake on emergencies or to evade a crash, nothing else!!”

2 Likes

“When it comes to mechanical failure, the driver always has the last word - OH SHIT!” - Carroll Smith
“Yeah, I know you can get these made. Is there any way you could make less than 50,000 of them?” - Billy Musgrave

3 Likes

Second place is the first loser
Enzo Ferrari - probably

4 Likes

Such nice words by niki lauda

3 Likes

When asked on his strategy for the Indy 500, Mikhail Aleshin said:

“Well you know I have only one strategy my whole career and it’s to kick ass.”

3 Likes