Groundbreakers: Unique and unusual Racing kart Chassis Designs

With the fourth rear rail, it looks like it was designed originally for a twin engine setup. The discoloration in front of the axle on the inner left rail suggests it may have had 4 bearing hangers at one point. Also a torsion bar on the left side inner rail.

2 Likes

The sidepod design kinda looks like there’s supposed to be a matching engine on the other side too, now that you mention it.

Given the space required for a seat, how would 2 engines fit?

Oddly it looks like it had a clutch handle and a shifter mount as well. And it did have front brakes on it.

That looks like a late-90’s era, SSC-affiliated shifter kart chassis, with (cut-up) “MoGo” bodywork.

No clue. The fact that the plastic was cut out the same on both sides is what I was seeing. But, it could be for a large radiator. I have no idea if water cooling was a thing then.

Yep. I seem to recall SSC karts were based around the CRG Kali chassis.

I could see the seat squeezing between twin KT100’s.

I’ll look that direction.

1 Like

Just saw one pop up on Facebook. Gearbox/renspeed, 1997ish.

1 Like

I was just skimming through old karting videos and didn’t realize the blizzard almost won the world championship in 1996 until Toninellis chain broke.

1 Like

Haase Facebook posted this cool pic today.

4 Likes

Hrngh. Burgundy. Want.

It all comes down to looks, doesn’t it?

1 Like

From an old t kart article

"The first Pulsars produced had an intersection of tubes that forced Haase to create a purpose-built, stainless steel, TIG welded tank that was domed using compressed air to improve its look. The curves were later modified and it became possible to fit a traditional tank.

Another curiosity: the tubes passing under and over the intersection were inverted, depending on whether the circuit had more right-hand or left-hand bends."

1 Like

https://www.facebook.com/groups/houseofhundred/posts/2129516293919299/

not 100% yet on who built it but it’s very cool

1 Like

Very cool. The seat struts give me the heebie-jeebies, tho. Seems a bit fragile and likely to need alot of welding.

brake is unusual setup. Seems like it’s equidistant

Huh, that is an interesting way to adjust camber!

My Deavinsons Sprint has this system as well. Goes back to the 70s (maybe earlier )

Common dirt setup, on sprint tracks it moves way way to much under load.