How is everybody feeling about their upcoming kart season? Expectations, Goals, Thoughts?

crazy that x30 is not already popular there. And definitely best of luck to the boy, I wish I could have gotten started that early. Big advantage to be learning that young.

Everything weldable is custom manufactured.

Most production karts will be using Runner components.

Greyhound seats.

TYCA axles.

4130 American Chromoly

Weā€™ll have an Economy option as well with non Italian components.

whats the starting price for one?

Hoping to make a couple races. Problem is ā€œwe were doneā€ and I sold everything but one chassis. I donā€™t have anything I need but my snipers. No gears, no chain, no nothin :rofl::rofl:

Try to make CKNA at Badger. Always wanted to run there and the repave has me very interested.

Throwing around the idea of arrive and drive for KA in club or maybe masters at RT66.

Would have to let the kids beat the crap out of me in KA at club since no Masters class.

Thatā€™s a pretty good question. :joy:

My goal is sub $4k for an Economy roller, but I donā€™t have final price points figured up just yet.

I personally felt violated by the 15-16 year olds in my first senior race last year.

They get fatter eventually

2 Likes

I wish i could drive again after 3 years absence from my most favorite thing in the world!

1 Like

im going to sell bulking shakes at the track. free for anyone under 17 and under 150lbs

1 Like

My 2023 plans are extremely fluid. I am hoping to at least run some of Chris McCoys enduros and maybe some of the NJMP 2hr races.

But first we have to get through college acceptances, visits, etc.This may not be as bad as I thought since we are discovering that colleges seem to throw $ into acceptances these days to sweeten the deal. So, assuming Nick chooses a college that has made it financially less onerous (odious, even) , I might have money left over to race a little as well.

If nothing works out, maybe I go on another full-time iracing usf2000 jag and do too many races and aspire to 2-3k irs.

1 Like

This year, my goals are going to be pretty simple as its only my second full season in karting.

In order of importance:

• get a handle and understand setting up my new MGM Chassis
  • Close the gap to the ā€œfastā€ locals guys
  • Rack up more podiums at local series
  • Rack up more wins at local series
  • Back up my class championship
  • Podium at a regional event (unlikely as the events for the year have passed)

Now, for what ive done in the off season to prepare me to meet these goals:

• bought a new MGM Chassis, lighter and better support to help me make weight and get tuning advise
  • sent both of my engines to be freshened, one dedicated to practice and the other to racing
  • created a log book to help track setup changes for the conditions and what changes are doing on track
  • stocked up on spare parts and tuning materials (wheels, bars, axles etc.)
  • learned how to analyze mychron data

Last year was extremely successful for me in the OTK Chassis, but just lacked that overall pace to be at the top all the time. Hopefully this year i can turn up the heat and compete with the top Senior drivers in my area.

3 Likes

First year racing my own Kart, my goal is laps, seat time, travel to a few tracks for race days, learn to fix the stuff I break and not always finish last in races.

Any way it goes itā€™ll be my best season ever, but also my worst.

2 Likes

Gunning for the KA Masters championship in the Stars series. Goal is to run upfront with the ā€œkidsā€ in KA Senior locally at Pitt Race too, as I expect some strong competition there in 2023. Season is quickly approachingā€¦

1 Like

Hehe love this :checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag: Welcome to forum.

whatā€™s the pros/cons of having 2 engines. I am thinking of next year buying a new stock engine to get practice on, and a BBS engine for races

Iā€™m the same way, I just donā€™t want to break the kart, if I have to give up a position because millionaire larry wants to send it 70 mph down my inside, he can have the position.

Iā€™d like to revise my goal to: become Millionaire Larry :laughing:

6 Likes

i think ur speaking for everyone here.

Anyone can drive like millionaire Larry! Only the professionals can do it on $5 Derekā€™s budget!

5 Likes

ā€œ5 Dollar Derekā€ :sunglasses::heart::sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes