How is everybody feeling about their upcoming kart season? Expectations, Goals, Thoughts?

1. Super fresh engine for racing. Not sure about 4-stroke but a rebuilt 2stroke pulls harder when fresh. Also, nice to have a backup when your piston ejects from the cylinder in prefinal. Ask me how I know.

I have been hoping for a new nickname to stick. Not sure this is the one I wanted, but careful what you ask for, I guess.

I often register at other tracks with “funny names”.

4 Likes

Once the kids out of the house we can upgrade your status

1 Like

Don-

You can run with the TaG Masters. They are running at Badger and RA.

1 Like

Big season ahead! 4 Karts this year! I will be running tag masters entering my 4th season. I had way to big of goals for this last season and I have worked to keep them in check this season. Hoping for a top 10 in points and would love a top 8 finish this year. We have large fields and the top 8 have either won championships, or raced internationally!

My oldest starting her 3rd season and she will be racing mini swift. We have a lot of work to do with her. She isn’t scared of the speed but scared of her brakes. She throws her kart into corners and just slides through with such low exit speed. Our goal is to get her competitive and have fun.

Middle kid- She will be starting her first season running 206 cadet. I have a feeling she will be quicker out of the box than my oldest. But I am hoping this will help push her

Youngest will be racing kid kart with a 206 on it. Luckily my wife is in charge of the kid karts so that is helpful.
I have to have everything set between races to make my race days easier. They will be running more weekends than my masters series. But those weeks I am racing too will be stressful!

Main goal- Have fun this year. I took it way to seriously early last year expecting major results from myself and fell way short. I reset my mind mid season and finished off great! Time to keep that rolling!

4 Likes

well we have found millionaire larry :flushed: But sounds like you have nearly every weekend booked for karting, should be fun.

1 Like

no wonder i couldn’t find you in the standings.

1 Like

this season will be season 2 in my own kart. last season went mostly to plan/expectation, so this season should build off that.

i plan to race the full mccproamkarting schedule, LO206 Masters, with the goal to podium a few races, maybe pull off a win. i’d definitely like to finish top 5 in points at a minimum.

i’ll also be running the kra series at new castle motorsports park. goal there is to get at least solid mid-pack, and get used to running that style of racing so that i finish better at the grands. average speed at ncmp seems a bit faster than what i’m used to. hopefully, by the end of the season, i can pull out a minimum top third finish at the grands.

i picked up an extra motor, and more spare parts, so i can be a little more aggressive this year, and push a little harder towards the front.

i’m pretty excited, because new castle (kra) kicks off in a little over a week.

1 Like

Existential Dread

Hope to reduce the number of times I am lapped in a race

ignore all blue flags and battle the leaders like ur not 3 laps down imo

1 Like

new motor is definitely gonna level up your game being able to do more practice sessions and longer stints without worrying about your race motor

1 Like

Already started mine and it is not going well :melting_face:

Hopefully I can recover next race

2 Likes

i wish mine had started, I still have to wait for the track to get finished, might be another 2 months.

I thought you drove beautifully. Keep going and all will come together. I promise.

1 Like

Doing the same thing… not worried about winning. Thats if I enter a race… just want to pound in a whole bunch of laps…year 1 got lots to learn, but super excited too

3 Likes

My son will be in his 2nd year of KAjr at Badger Kart Club. In general, our goal is to get faster and have fun. We have an insanely talented group of drivers in the KAjr class at Badger, so I try to be realistic about our goals.

1. Win a points race (have only won a single non-points race in 7 years of racing)
  2. Get better driver feedback
  3. Get better at Road America (Cheesehead Challenge and Rte66 will be there)
  4. Not finish last at Rte66 at New Castle

Being new to “travel racing”, we are traditionally bad at new tracks, hence goals #3 and #4. Doing our first ever travel KA race in the snow at RTE66/New Castle was a real trip last year!

Imho racing at new tracks will develop your kid and yourself faster…new turns, new confidence, new mental Rolodex.

1 Like

Planning on running 3 if not all four rounds of stars, some Route 66, some buckeye karting challenge, new castle, and mid Ohio to hopefully win again

3 Likes

My plan is to run a wide range of tracks in my area (northern Ohio) with the goal of running at Daytona Kart week. It’ll be a stretch but I’m planning to get some kart setup advice/driver coaching at MCC, run at Mid Ohio to get some experience on a big road racing track then run Fremont, OH (home track), East Lansing, Elkhart, Ohio Motorsports Park… Probably won’t get to them all but you gotta have a plan!

1 Like

Us too… end of May for us. But we’re not getting a new track, we’re just waiting for the 4ft of snow to melt off of it. Gotta love the Canadian prairies