I'm looking to buy my first kart

Yes, I would call the local track owner. This is a good month to do it, they’re hoping for signs of a good season next year and would definitely know who just upgraded and has an older kart to sell!

I found my 206 kart through the “briggs 206 racers marketplace” on facebook. Paid 2500 for a 3 year old ready to race kart with limited spares. I actually placed a WTB ad on that page and had 4 different people message me within a week. 3 of them didn’t even have their kart listed anywhere.

Here’s a compkart roller from that page: Briggs 206 Racers Marketplace

Here’s a newer one but may be a little far from you: Briggs 206 Racers Marketplace

2 Likes

More great info for you.

1 Like

What is your budget?

Don’t want to put the “kart” in front of the horse . . . :thinking:

Do you have $500 to spend or $15,000?

Knowing that might help us get you pointed in the right direction.

I’m looking to spend about $2500 is that ok for a used kart?

1 Like

Thank you ill check it out.

Whatever your budget, figure a little extra for a used kart stand ($150-200), used gauge ($300-500), tools, fuel jug, gears, and other misc items.

try to get the seller to throw in some of the tuning parts like caster pills.

Yes, it should be easy to find a good late-model 206 kart for that.

Facebook Market Place is your friend, and don’t forget that getting a roller can save you coin. Then you just buy an Lo206, and thats one less item to stress over.

1 Like

What is a roller exactly just the chassis without a seat or gas tank?

chassis, seat, and gas tank – just no engine

1 Like

Oh ok cool I was a bit confused to all you need is a engine, great ill definitely look out for that thanks!

One caveat, many people consider a “roller” to be kart without wheels.

I’m not kidding. So just be aware of that.

2 Likes

@KartingIsLife I’ve always been perplexed at that. It is not a roller if it can not roll :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I never knew that. I always assumed a roller had wheels. And when I sell a kart, I put tires on it too…

2 Likes

Aren’t rollers usually Hubs but no tires? At least when you buy it new…

1 Like

Ok, a roller is a kart that can roll. That means wheels, and if the customer requests, the four worst takeoff tires in the shop that’ll hold air and don’t need a Sharpie to hide the cords.

4 Likes

It should be, but like I say It’s pretty common to see “rollers” that can’t roll on anything but their brake disk and/or a big sprocket. Not saying I like it, or that it makes sense. But it is what it is.

1 Like

I think this and the use of unleaded gasoline are hills we can take without too much risk.

1 Like

Paul just to give you idea what I did when I was getting started earlier this year. I found a 3 year old chassis (roller) that I paid $1,400 for. Then I spent about $1,200 for an L0206 (and all the associated stuff to go with it) and a new set of tires.

Here is the picture of the ad. Now I have dumped a far amount of money into it with various upgrades. But an initial $2,600 investment got me started and turning laps back in February.

2 Likes