(k)ART pulse

2 Likes

That looks like an Ariel Atom

It’s an Ariel atom I guess but kart sized ish. Only 10ft long.
The front wing looks like crap on it so I’m going to redo it

1 Like

Just finished Sage’s Indy 500 helmet. Former karter so somewhat relevant.

11 Likes

Very nice work!:checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag:

Awesome; love the ghosted checkered flag bits!
“Florist” sponsorship in Indy Car… I thought that was mostly an IMSA thing. :rofl:

I’m still waiting for the cannabis florists to get in on the fun.

Thanks, but the checkered flag parts you’re seeing is actually just the raw square carbon fiber weave of the shell, so I can’t take credit for that part, that credit goes to Arai. :wink:

Ah, where’s my egg remover. :grimacing:
But you did choose to used it in the design instead of painting over it. :wink:

And now Conor Daly’s Indy 500 helmet:

Neon yellow must be the hot color right now.

5 Likes

Where do you get the art bits from like the Indy logo etc? Do you paint them in?

Depends. If I have time, I paint them. If it’s a quick turnaround (like most “pro” drivers helmets), then I just print a decal and put it under the clear and flat sand it between seal coats.

Some things are simply too intricate to cut a stencil to paint, so they get a decal. That Indy logo is pretty small so hard to stencil that. Some things like the Bell and Chevy logos have specific size and style requirements, so it’s easier to just let them provide the decal rather than painting.

My logo on the arrow there in the last pic is always painted.

1 Like

CD’s helmet is another beauty! Plus the quality of the photos is outstanding as well. :+1:

1 Like

Something I made in 8th grade, just found it and thought Id share

4 Likes

That’s pretty good. I’ll take two. Bold choice having the drivetrain wheels smaller than the fronts.

Aerodynamics…?
I was tracing a picture and the rear wheels were at a slight angle

You may have found the solution to Mercedes’ problems

Maybe it’s actually a FWD car

I did a technical line illustration of the Renault R26 or R28, can’t remember which, for my Technical Drawing class in college. Our task was to come up with a very complex machine to draw. Thought it fit the bill. Those pre-09 cars were insane looking.

I’ll have to see if I can dig it up.

2 Likes

I’m always amazed when people can draw like that and make something so realistic. By contrast, I can barely draw a stick figure.