Kart Suits: Budget vs. Expensive

Lunatic fringe, I know you’re out there… :joy:

2 Likes

I havent tried urace but I do have a suit from the factory that make the suits for urace. Looks good, fits well, lasting longer then i expected, is quite thin (which makes the lasting longer surprising) which keeps it cool. They made a weird choice of color for the lining (id call it forrest green but also maybe babies first poop). Urace probably spec white lol.

Also came pretty fast.

2 Likes

That’s a cool suit for not a lot of $

Even cheaper direct :wink:

looks pretty nice, any moq for direct order? 20

No moq. But I’m also not going to undercut urace or any other suit supplier. These businesses put a lot of time and effort into finding a good supplier and then even more time and effort into designing suits for people.

I know because I used to do it, and thats why I knew where to find the supplier.

1 Like

Perfect wresting shoe integration. Seamless. ASICS? Or are those a rain cover of sorts? Cannot tell. Unusual no lace design.

ASICS Men’s Omniflex Attack V2.0 Wrestling Shoe. Not sure if they are still sold. I had to search around for a while to find them.

But yes, they integrate great.

1 Like

Yes, Urace.us has a white lining. Mine has also held up quite well and it looks sharp. That is @Muskabeatz wearing his and me at the scales.

1 Like

I can also testify for u race, I bought one a while ago and I love it

1 Like

Paul is the suit comparable to a “name brand” suit? As in it’s similar to a Alpinestar, Sarco, etc. Out here in the desert I’m trying to find the lightest, coolest suit I can. Suit looks pretty thin and comfy.

I can chime in on this as I use both the Urace suit pictured, as well as an Alpinestars suit. The Urace is much lighter than the Alpinestars. Really the only downside to the Urace suit has been abrasion resistance. The suits fit a little tight, so I would build in a little “breathing room” when submitting the custom measurements. Honestly that aspect is no different than any of the custom suits I’ve had over the years. All of them are either a little too big or too small in certain areas. Comfort wise, it’s the best suit I’ve had in some time due to how light it is.

Good to know. Guess I’ll add this to my Xmas list!

So I was able to find a new but discontinued K1 Apex II suit on eBay for $50. Definitely a budget suit. Been a jeans guy…

Good deal but we will see how hot/cool it is. I know many with the GK2 and they say it’s pretty hot. Marketed as being “cool” with CoolMax inner liner.

Anyone ever used one?

I purchased a GK2 a few years back and had it custom sized. (tall and lanky) The fit was a little snug, but manageable. As far as ;keeping cool, it is a no-go. You can’t tell from the pictures, but K1 has a film on the inside of the cordura shell that is covered with a terrycloth inner liner. At first glance it gives you the impression the terrycloth will breath well, but in reality the vinyl film on the shell seals in all that moisture so when you are on track sweating your tail off you sort steam bath yourself. The clue to seeing this vinyl film is on the pockets. They have not covered them in the terrycloth, so the coating is evident.

Yep, this suit is HOT! Not what I expected going from jeans. I knew it would be warmer but dang. Even on an 75-80 degree day it was pretty bad. I was taking it off between sessions.

I feel you brother. I was doing the same thing.

So all you folks in the South West, what is the coolest/most breathable (temp/moisture permeable) Karting Suit you have found?

Back in my snow skiing/boarding days, we ran a lot of Gore-Tex Shells and Pants that actually allow water vapor out, but not liquid water in. They were great. Is there a karting equivalent?

For those not familiar with Gore-Tex:

1 Like

MIR kart suit used by a factory Mad Croc driver is the coolest one I’ve had - easily. 100 degrees and I’m freezing in the pits (but it’s 15% humid so it really is cooler than 70 F and 70% humid)

3 Likes

THIS!

Love my MIR Croc suit.

1 Like

Raced 250 Gearbox karts in the UK, full leathers were mandatory!

6 Likes