Kart Vinyl

I have been thinking for a while that it would be fun to have a racing “costume”. Think livery and kart graphics aligned to represent a character.

I was thinking Johnny Depp’s pirate and his ship, the Black Pearl.

Avast ye scurvy swabs! Prepare to be boarded! Arr.

There was a fella on here a while ago that was modifying store bought karting outfits and generally mucking around with karting fashion. He could probably pull this off.

1 Like

You could definately get that done,alot people here in GA can do custom work like that

spell
t_bomber
These were my other choices

1 Like

It’s funny now that you post these how liveries are almost always geometric color fields.

Very little representational stuff.

They had to look up my bodywork and put that in the computer to get it cut.I didn’t see any Geometric patterns that caught my eye

Your karting decals are actually very classy.What kart is that,this is getting very expensive as a hobby.I work on million dollar cars sometimes,I think these are lesser priced versions of the karts,actually they’re more maintenance also.One good thing about the job I do is I meet alot of different people.One man I know races the Formula Atlantic series for fun and he wants to get on the Kart track with me

I think those were @tjkoyen

My liveries run towards impressionistic tire swirls and torn vinyl.

1 Like

I agree for the most part. As long it’s not obscene it’s fine. It may be inappropriate but it’s not too bad.
Sweet livery though. Ive always loved ww2 plane themed stuff

You’ll be going too quickly for anyone to see

My front bumper decal kit has been taped up so many times it’s probably more duct tape than decal

I’m a newbie,I come from 200hp Superbikes.I understand apexs,corner speed,now to understand a low center of gravity badass kart.This will be a challenge for sure.Corners etc.I do driving simulators when I get the chance too.I will only ride at my comfort level in th he beginning and step up the pace only when I’m comfortable.

Well you’ve won the livery race for sure.

Not bad trades for my Triumph Speed Triple 1050.2 karts for that bike.It was a great bike but my 2016 Tuned Yamaha R1.The karts give me that sense of you better pay attention or I’ll kick your ass.These are truly amazing

1 Like

From what I’ve heard with 200hp bikes is that if you don’t do that, you end up 6ft underground

Yeah throttle on and throttle off is so important.Corner entry and exit also.To be honest I think a kart will out handle a bike everytime unless the biker is an extremely talented rider. 4 wheels compared to 2 is way more confidence inspiring.My bike could do incredible things with a semi pro or expert rider on it.I was a seasoned 30 year rider I just never pushed passed my limit.That’s why I never crashed before.

Shifter kart would beat a 1000cc around smaller tracks, it would out handle any bike by a long shot. Not even a motogp bike could corner harder.

Awesome,I have alot of customers who have crazy exotic track cars.I’m glad to hear I got my money’s worth from my trade.I need to get a rib protector from what everyone says.I’m 6ft2 and about 210.You guys are all seasoned riders I will be using these karts at AMP here in GA.I have a customer who races Formula Atlantic that told me I’ll be lucky to last 15 minutes before I’m exhausted.He’ll be using one of my Karts when I go to AMP

Speaking of kart vinyl, what are some economical sources? Every place I’ve seen is in the $300 range. Seems like alot when they just get banged up and need to be replaced on the regular.

I know at Lo206 (aka- poor mans racing league) you either see no vinyl or someone that has vinyl but thats only because their kart is brand new, lol.

Costume racing would be a fun idea. Who’s hosting a Holloween race this year :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Someone’s stroller mod for Halloween.

1 Like

My kit only cost $150.You’re kids have a cool Dad