KartPulse KartKraft Throwdown Season 1

All good. It’s been the same on my end, haven’t really been on the Sim at all lately due to being so busy.

@Muskabeatz come pay a visit when you have free time. My leaderboard just got more exciting as Sausagematt is flirting with sub 37 and the amazing Zycos (no actual kart experience) has taken an interest. He is likely to post top 3 as well.

It’s awfully depressing to see just how quickly better karters get to fast. What takes me weeks takes them a session or two. Well, at least I’m able to run fast, even if I need to build a head of steam!

That’s kind of why I love racing. In a race, absolute pace is king, but you aren’t alone on track. You have to adapt.

Not unlike real racing i think equipment and setup make a huge difference. Just fiddling with all the different settings with my wheel I was able to shave off tons of time… well at first it was so I could actually turn a lap without spinning off. But for sure I think if I had a better rig I could get better faster. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!

1 Like

I have found my secret weapon! (Probably not).

1000mg of acetomeniphen apparently mutes inhibition regarding risk-taking behaviour. This is surprising to me, but then again, the Tylenol is usually taken after the activity, not before.

It’s all mental…

S1: 13.652
S2: 18.513
S3: 05.113

Finally landed a lap in the .2s, which is where my optimal has been for what feels like weeks now. This was the closest I’ve come to giving up, since I was unable to make meaningful progress for so long. I’d have moments every day where I came close, but mostly could not string together all three sectors.

Every day I’d “lose” a turn and have to rediscover it. I was messing with my head, sabotaging myself. My confidence was pretty much crushed as I watched Zycos zip past me and the leader drop a new sub 37 world record. I had been wondering if this is where I run out of talent. Not that I have much of it, but it’s always been that if I spin enough laps and try hard enough, I progress. But, I was well and truly stuck.

It was very late and I decided at the last moment to give it one last go. As I went around turn 1, feeling that it was solid, I thought to myself, “Wouldn’t it be funny, if at 3:30am, exhausted and without much hope, you did what you’ve been putting off doing for a few weeks now?”. Oddly, in that moment, I was aware that it was likely to happen, and, so it did.

Not sure what’s next. Not sure I push for the .1s. Probably will.

1 Like

It appears I have more in me…:thinking:

Yup, pushing.

1 Like

Really proud of this S2

My turn into T1 had some weird double pump freakout happen that made me question where the lap was going. However, I found a nice exit and soldiered on and things got spicy. I landed S2 in 18.45, which is as fast as I could hope to go, give or take a few hundredths. This S2 felt so darn good, I had to share. The complete lap wasn’t a new record, not even close alas, as S1 was compromised slightly which cost at least a tenth.

Had my endurance race Monday. Me and my teammate won! Pretty happy with it. I drove well and made some line changes to all the turns. We didn’t have a hot kart, but the competition was a bit weaker than usual as none of the regulars were there. We got a 46mph kart (of a possible range of 44-49mph), which was good enough. My partner got a 45mph one and he managed to lead all but 1 session as well.

The footage is pretty dull since I pretty much pass everyone quickly and maintain lead throughout each heat. I am contemplating doing a greatest hits video of the 4 heats. I can’t imagine anyone wanting to sit through all that lapping.

We won $250 for our efforts. I invited one of our new racers at the last minute since I had a team spot and he did great. He’s 16 and saving up for a race kart. He just won $125! Not a bad day for all involved.

I have a couple funny multi passes that speak more to the newness of the folks racing than my skill. There’s one where the entire pack goes into 1 all together. I wisely back out and go last. 3 don’t make it out, I think and I pass all the way up to 2nd, for example.

Here’s me momentarily being an idiot:

2 Likes

Not much to show, really, so I made a brief video instead.

1 Like

29 posts were merged into an existing topic: KartKraft Throwdown Season 2: Build 0.1.0.2655

With periodic physics updates, the records get reset…
So…See here for Season 2!

KartKraft Throwdown Season 2: Build 0.1.0.2655