KartPulse KartKraft Throwdown Season 1

Haha at least he didn’t flip (ai) as usually he does for me. I have taken to pressing reset to track the moment the ai starts driving. He’s gonna crash every time.

That’s some mighty quick driving.

1 Like

Thanks. This things a blast to drive. Wish I could anticipate the slide a little more or at least have more control with them, cause there’s still a few tenths out there.
When I was facing off with Raphael Matos, he had a really strange gear ratio. He would shift into 6th almost at the crest of the rise on the back stretch, as if he had a 7th gear. It didn’t seem to pay off getting off the corners though.

Took a crack at seeing if I could get closer to Will and peeled off some time.

This is the kind of thing that happens in sim that makes you laugh:

Not yet comfortable. Still trying to keep Kart under me. So much to learn here.

Well, painfully close to my goal:

Very quick First sector, appropriate second, poor third.
The first sector is right up there with top three US.

@Stacker Well, thank you very much! Your thoughts helped me pull it together and understand what I needed to do. You were correct, the wide line out makes so much more sense. I can’t believe I didn’t see it earlier.

This session started amazing and I knew the gig was up. I was instantly up to speed: 46.6,46.3, 46.1, 46.03, 46 something and then, finally, 45.9.

Breaking 46 has been a big objective and I feel great joy in that I was able to pull it off. Thanks for your help, Pavle.

Unfortunately, in this particular lap, I had an unexpected emergency in the 2nd to last turn that added quite a bit of time. You’ll notice me 2-wheeling for a ways there, whoops. However, I think I did a fine job on the last turn which helped a lot! Despite this I managed to nail sectors 1 and 2. My sector 3 time is poop, sadly. But I broke 46!!!

So, we are going much lower.

And shortly thereafter. Better 1+2, terrible 3rd sector:

Fantastic to see you got it under 46s! I am glad I could help you a bit with that last corner. I think with minimizing those tiny mistakes, like that mentioned 2-wheeling, you will get a perfect lap sooner or later. Keep pushing, you will hit that No.1 spot on the leaderboard!

I really like running exactly the same sector times, over and over, apparently.

That is fantastic, you are doing it! Consistency is the key haha

15.76 1st sector the last 5 records.
17.32 2nd sector last 3 records.

The 15.76 is kinda creepy. I wonder what is the likelihood that 5 records in the row match to the thousandth decimal? It might not be that unlikely. I suppose you would need a lot of laps to calculate it.

Big Gap-Up! Finally put all three sectors together bang-on solid. After I nailed fitst sector, I was cautious in 2nd but found a pretty early throttle where it mattered. I then went for it, but smoothly, in final sector. This worked big-time!

Again the first two sectors are exactly the same. Weird!

I told you you will do it! But it seems like my wide line only works in real life or on some slower karts, these power out like crazy!

I am actually doing your wide line. Sorta. What has changes was the thinking about the entry.

I used to push too hard into the last corner. This would cause me to sort of be pushed wide. And then I’d catch it and drag it back down to second apex. It was very dramatic but not v good.

What’s changed is I’m now trying to decelerate a bit earlier, before the cone, and control my deceleration down to apex, getting back on at apex, but letting it run out wider, as you suggested.

Basically, don’t over-charge the entry and let the steering unwind out.

I emailed the devs if they plan on releasing a editor or being able for the public to make tracks to add to KK.

I was wanting to model the track I plan on running for this game… Ill let you know if its possible.

Check out the discord. There are in fact folks already working on other tracks. I believe someone made a Texas track. I believe they are planning on releasing tools.

1 Like

Discord is definitely the best way to get a response.

I’ll likely get myself a cockpit thing come winter.

Well, it’s been 21 days since my last fast lap…

In that time I have quietly been figuring out s1. Here’s a complete lap with a v. good s1 and a crap s3. I think I go 2/10 lower right off the bat when I land a decent s3. I also have landed 15.51 s1 twice now. If I put that together with the rest… I might, just might be able to go sub 45. (Current optimal after landing [email protected] is 45.000 aargh.)

WTF. I guess it must be gearing limiting s2.

Edit: Since landing this lap the floodgate opened and its so very odd how the mind works. So now, all of a sudden I am doing the things that were very hard to do a moment ago as if they were mine all along. This doesn’t surprise me, but every time I re-experience it, it amazes me.

Edit: changing gearing changes everything. Down a tenth while I try to figure out how to turn again.
Edit: And back down to 45.00 optimal. S1 so far is slower by .2-.3 which means I gotta be faster in s2-s3. I can probably figure this out and drop s1 from 15.7 to 15.6 at least. Eventually I’ll get used to the new gearing… That would drop me sub 45. Edit: and there’s the 15.63. Now its just run as many laps as it takes to stick.

1 Like

what are you guys running for a setup? (wheel, vr, computer)

I have an i7 6700k and a gtx 1070. (Just upgraded from rx480 which worked fine in VR). The pc is 4+ years old.

I use the Lenovo explorer vr goggles.

I use a fanatec csv 2.5 base with a mclaren gt3 rim and clubsport pedals with the loadcell kit.

My rig is a playseat challenge that has been modified to use the pedal base of a wheel-stand. I also added some memory foam things to be more comfy.

I also currently run 2 buttkicker gamer 2 bass shakers in left/right mode.

I’m guessing € $ is relevant.

Most of my stuff is “used”. I bought the chair, fanatec set and my shakers used via eBay/cl/2nd hand apps.
The Lenovo VR I got on sale. There’s next gen stuff out now so the market is flooded with last gen stuff like mine. $200-300 used for Lenovo’s or odyssey +.

I think I’m in for about 700 for the fanatec stuff plus I spent extra to buy the loadcell new, think about 100.

Shakers basically 250 for two and 2 amps. 25 bucks for used xonar dsg sound card.
Another 150 for the playseat (was a bargain).

But… you don’t have to buy the fancy fanatec stuff. You can get a very nice thrustmaster for a lot less. The loadcell pedals are pretty much a must, however. If you are on PC (for sim PC is superior to console) the pedals connect via usb so you can mix and match.

Nice work! You are smashing your own records. Now that S2 seems like you can improve somewhere, it can´t be the same all the time, that is impossible. But it seems pointless to suggest anything to a #4 on global, on a game that I never played, don´t think I can help much :stuck_out_tongue:

Ferrari thrustmaster legend edition wheel with pedals, 100$. Cheap and plastic but it will do the job during the winter days to keep me in some kind of form, call it like that :snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake: