KartPulse KartKraft Throwdown Season 1

Suggest away. I’m 4 USA not world. And, it’s not a big leaderboard so it’s not a big deal. In any case, your first suggestion about using more of t2 worked well for me.

Been struggling to make S1 work with the new gearing and finally nailed a good one. Followed it up with a bomber of an S2, and then, I produce a flawed S3.

Regardless, I am proud of this one. If I could just get a chance at landing a good start, I knew I could put something good down S2-Finish. I was screaming inside when I saw my S1 split time.

Ready or not, Go time came, and off we went. Not a bad result.

Edit: This lap helped a lot. Next session was a big leap forwards in terms of consistency. I repeatedly was able to bang out fast laps and now the Optimal has finally dipped sub 45. Again, its crazy how nailing a new low laptime somehow allows you to suddenly run quicker overall.

1 Like

Hmm I think I’ll wait. That’s a bit more than I can get into right now. Thanks

Yah. I have a pretty fancy rig I built up. That being said a Logitech g29 hooked up to a pc on a screen works just fine too.

All right Borderlands 3 is out on Xbox.

I need to get sub 45 so that I can focus on the important stuff like Barking Pimpernels and farming sandhawks.

Great lap. Was that penultimate corner (you used to go flat out over the top of the hill) good or bad? Looked like you drifted into it. Does it help or was it just a a mistake? Great to see improvement in that S2, it can´t be 17.32 all the time :slight_smile:

Mistakes on back section s3. I was not great through the fast bit as you noticed also I was overcautious on last turn and you can see that I get on throttle not quite as early as I’d like.

Made some progress despite a setback of sorts. Someone posted a nice lap and pushed me down a peg. So I rallied, somewhat, and initially just shaved off a minuscule amount. Came back later and laid down a flier.

There’s something fundamental I am not getting in S3. While this is an improvement, it’s still a ways off. I hate chasing ghosts, but I might need to.

Update: ran s1 in 15.45 with new gearing. So, it’s possible. Just gotta be patient and wait for it to fully bake. I can’t capitalize on the fast s1 when I worry about s3. Gotta get it on speed dial.

1 Like

Update wiped leaderboard and changed everything. Handling is totally different and so are sector times.

Big update includes customizable gear including parts like mychron as well as suits etc. Also some much needed enhancements to VR hud stuff. The big change is in handling. They also made it such that you can mess with torsion bars.

S1 feels faster, s2 is super slow and s3 is much faster.

:checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag:

Tried some new gearing tonight and enjoyed the Big Speed down the straight.
I also ran a 15.5 S1 tonight with this gearing, which is cool. That means its good for a 44.8 if I could just stick it.
So. Darn. Close.

1 Like

Oh I have just watched the lap on my phone, randomly in my recommended. That is something else! #1 in USA and #2 GLB is some serious laptime! I noticed some different line going into the last sector, that really looked good! You are now playing with miliseconds, that is amazing achievement. Next up, sub 45? :stuck_out_tongue:

Sub 45 is the goal. I have been in the zone for it for a week now. My optimal lap is now 44.85. It’s just a matter of time.

Leaderboard just got wiped so I anticipate getting knocked back down quite a bit. Id like to try to hold onto us 1 for a bit, though.

The sector times are wrong, oddly. S1 in this lap was a good but not exceptional 15.733. That’s a good one for me but, I get interested 15.65 or lower.

I ran a 15.53 s1 last night. And, I run in the .6s pretty regularly. So, all I need to do is land one of those and stick the rest of the track.

This one. This one I am proud of.

I got close, real close, to breaking 45 for about a month. I spent about 3 weeks figuring out s1. I ended up making big progress but was never able to string all three sectors together.

But, I was getting more knowledgeable with each passing day. I was getting faster in S1 and closing the gap in the other sectors. Finally, I nail a 45 dead. Hard work ensues and my optimal keeps dropping. It had been sub 45 for 3 weeks and getting lower. In short, I was figuring it out and getting more consistent. Tanguy had told me where I was losing time and what I needed to think about. Big progress was made in S2 and S3.

And then they update the game and change the chassis physics. All hell breaks out and I can no longer do s1 and all the fast parts are a disaster due to frame oscillations. But, I was too close to give up. Tanguy had a setup that I was able to use that moderated the shaking somewhat.

So I quieted down my driving as much as possible and let it rip. In this lap, S1 is pretty much garbage for its relative leaderboard position of 15.833. I smoke S2 and S3 with a 17.071 and 12.037, respectively.

After a couple months, it’s done. Tanguy took 1 as I knew he would. But, I put up a really respectable 2nd. I think I can go quite a bit lower, but I feel like I have nothing left to prove to myself here. Time to go bang my head against some other wall for a change. :grinning:

Here’s the wrong sector times

1 Like

Congratulations! You did it! Great time! Maybe if you get a chance in future (I guess it got boring a bit, so after you refresh) you can take a tenth or two off that time, looking at S1. What are you up to next?

By the way, 4th GL, seriously, calm down :joy:

I should be able to take this down to .68 according to optimal. Not sure I want to. Not sure what’s next. Sorta glad it’s behind me. It was starting to get long.

An endurance race coming next weekend.
Tanguy and I will join up with one of the new fellas.

I like how that sounds! Although, everything longer than a 5 min race sounds fantastic to me :rofl: On a serious note, what is the length of the race and how many stints do you guys drive? Everyone goes once or more often?

This is a pretty short 2 hr race. You can have teams of up to 4 and I think you have to switch every 20 mins or something.
I am looking forwards to really figuring out turn 1.

That looks like a pretty dynamic race. Hopefully you will do well!

I just re-watched it a bit in a race you did last weekend. There could be a few changes that could ideally gain you advantage, I will do some painting and post the pictures, that are related to your line in prefinal, how I see it. It probably is a bit idealistic but it might help. Corner is pretty tricky!

Ok shoot! :skateboard::skateboard::skateboard::skateboard::skateboard::skateboard::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car::checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag:

In final I was trying to roll more speed through 1. You can see this in last 5 laps I think. I am trying to roll more speed trough apex.

I did some thinking and this may look idealistic as I said, but I think it is the best way to describe what I see as a way to change/improve. So here it is:

First off, I think you need to make the turn on more round line. So what you could try is to have wider entrance to the corner.

This can help you prepare better for the turn one, hitting that apex on your right later and loading right side more efficiently.

Being later on that apex looks like it can help you turn in more smoothly, to make a slingshot, something like what I lack in my turn 8, that preload. Looks similar to me, this corner.

Now onto braking.

Yeah, you brake later definitely, so this might not be as accurate but I will show it anyways.

This might be the complete opposite to being calm and steady through the corner, but it seems like this corner needs to be taken fast and this will allow you to load the tyres even more as well. It could understeer more but I think if timed correctly, it can be very useful, as you have very good and gentle steering inputs that will not unsettle the kart in this situation.

Next up, the apex. You are doing it pretty well, nothing to add really. One little thing is to (maybe?) use all the curb possible and maybe touch the grass, so you cover less distance and as much in a straight line as possible.

Wider entrance, later braking, straighter exit on a tighter path will let the kart go fully to the curb on the exit, to the right. My main point is that I think going wider on exit, completely using the curb, will let you carry more speed out of the corner. All of these twitches are just parts that could help you to do that. They most likely need to be balanced out but I think this could be the way to go. Your line is completely fine right now but this might help you out. It is very detailed description for one corner that lasts for like 5 seconds but I hope it at least gives you an idea what can be done differently, not necessarily better.

Thanks Pavle.

Ok wider entry makes sense. No reason to not run down left edge.

Which color line is the approach you favor?

Purple is about 1 kart width left. It will make me need to turn more at bottom of turn but as you said, this would load up right side as opposed to the understeery line I currently take

Are you suggesting I brake a bit later here? On the kerb, basically?

A possibility is no brake, lift. But brake settles nose. It’s a brush. Maybe delaying that brush a few more feet…

More curb at apex: possible not sure. It might get too messy.