KartPulse Members Willing to Help - By Location

This guy can help you in Northern Cali @Norcal_Karters

Checkout their site at: www.norcalkarters.com and lookup the NorCal Karting podcast on your podcast player of choice.

2 Likes

Fremont Ohio ( northwest Ohio area) I just not getting into asphalt racing road course. . gonna run 206 class. I looking for chassis to buy about 3hrs or so from me . 43420 zip code.

1 Like

Hi Michael,
I live in Spring Branch, TX which is like 20 minutes away from SA. It would be cool to connect because I’m curious to know how it all works.

Cheers,
Sam

2 Likes

Definitely, I have no issues helping others out. We’ll be racing today (12/5) in New Braunfels at Hill Country Kart Club off loop 337. We’ll be there pretty much all day. If you get this message in time, make your way out there.

1 Like

Cedar Park Texas, just north of Austin. I’m retired now, will need transportation for trackside help, but anybody who needs help, feel free to call. 512 630 6215
[email protected]

2 Likes

Hey man. I’m from NJ. My son is turning 5 on Monday and would like to get him into Karting.

Where do you recommend I start?

Hey Michael,
I am not 100% sure since mine started at 10. But, there were plenty of little folks at the races I used to attend.

I think your best bet would be to look into OVRP or talk to my former team boss, Jerry.

Jerry has run his son Justin since he was a bambino and is the owner of the Kartworkz team. So, he could tell you all about what you’d need, where to go what it costs, etc. You’d be looking at race weekends associated with the F-Series, most likely.

Another option is to look into OVRP. I imagine they have the shop and the programs you would need as well. I am not sure who to direct you there. Maybe @jd896 can suggest a person to talk to there about getting going with a bambino.

I’m willing to help with setup and tuning, but team-ownership advice is well outside my ability.

Alvin, my FSAE team at Texas-Austin is getting a couple of karts back together so that they can do driver training - would you mind giving the karts a technical inspection while I’m away?

1 Like

Could always contact DRT, they have everything you’ll need. Based in NH but goes to all the F-series races and many OVRP races.

Good morning.

Would love to get more info on the hill country kart club. Looking at building our own kart club/ track and would like to pick someone’s brain about it!

Anyone in the Greenville, SC area?

Daniel

1 Like

I’m in Asheville, but also a n00b. Are you planning to drive at GoPro, AMP, or CMP?

1 Like

Good deal Aaron. I visited GoPro the other weekend and plan to do run there some. I’ll probably go to CMP in a few weekends for my first time on track. I’m more familiar with CMP from car track days with NASA back in the early 2000’s.

Daniel

1 Like

hi i may be able to help i race at amp and gopro how old are you and which track r u planing to go to

Im in the new england area. Go to all tracks in MA and NH. Im new but id be happy to point people in the right direction. I currently race NHKA and the x1 club series (if it still exists)

Hey Olivier, I’m 43 and my son’s 13. We’ll probably go to GoPro end of Feb or beginning of March.

1 Like

ok nice you gonna be doing rentals or race karts?

We picked up a used Arrow 206 kart to run laps during the owner’s practice sessions.

2 Likes

Hello guys, my friends and I are new in karting, is there anyone in Taiwan can help? In Taiwan we mainly use Rotax MAX or Iame X30 engines, Vortex or vortex ROK engine is really rare in Taiwan, can anyone share some info for the vortex engines compare to Rotax and Iame? (Is it eazy to maintenance? is the engine durable?)

3 Likes