KartPulse Members Willing to Help - By Location

If anyone is around the Tallahassee area, and willing to help an FNG get started, let me know and I’ll buy the beer.

Thanks.

What kind of info are you looking for? Round here, the ROK is starting to be more prevalent. It was mainly down south, I think. My understanding is that relative to the X30 and rotax, it puts out a few extra HP and is a bit faster. Not sure how it will fare in the mixed field, i imagine well.

Keep in mind the Rok GP engine that is currently popular is different than the Rok TT that raced in mixed TaG fields just a few years ago.

The Rok TT raced against X30 and Rotax in mixed TaG here and minimum weight was usually about 10-15 lbs heavier for the Rok to make it competitive against the X30 and Rotax.

It looks like the ROK is being promoted F-series. One of the lads got the engine package and cackles giddily at his extra HP. Wonder how it plays out against the x30s and Rotax.

2 Likes

What is the weight difference for Rok GP vs X30? I only ask, because being a heavier guy it might benefit me going with the heavier package over the X30. Only downside is that unless a club runs a TaG class I would limited to two tracks. Most Regional Series if not all are X30.

1 Like

Presumably similar for Gearup.

That doesn’t seem right. Why are the 100cc weights higher than the Tag Sr. weights? Considering the engine package with radiator and all is heavier than an air cooled smaller engine…something is off there. Even the Rok Gp in Tag Sr. is the same weight as the Honda Shifter? I would bring that up to your Rules Commission.

Our Club:
TaG%20100%20weights

Not sure Marco’s rationale since I am not driving f-seties currently. From what I hear VLR is slower thus the 15lbs difference. Lepoard also gets some help.

I get the parity in the same class from engine to engine, just not the rational that 100cc is heavier than 125.

I don’t know, really. I think it may have something g to do with open age for 100cc. They maybe made it heavier overall so the “Dad Bods” could compete?

I’m going to pick up karts for my 5 and 7 year olds in Parsippany on Thursday

1 Like

Hey, Welcome Francesco! Where will you be taking the kids to putt about?

1 Like

Ovrp is the main spot but it’s like to get them to as many different spots as possible

Washington area? I I’m in the Kent area. Looking to head to pgp for the first time

1 Like

Is there much karting near LA? Im looking at some colleges there and am curious what tracks and series’ run nearby

theres california sires thats run by skusa i think

If I am not mistaken, there are 3 main tracks in the Los Angeles area. They are Cal Speed, Apex Kart track, and Adams Motorsports Park. I believe there are 2 series that run out there at each of the track, LAKC and Tri C Karters.

And as Oliver said, SKUSA runs The ProKart Challenge California which is the regional series out there.

1 Like

Hey @Micah_Dickerson! Are you coming out to PGP on October 24th for the Border War race? Or doing the whole 4-stroke Winter Series? I’m a new racer as well. First race was ICP Cup at Sumas, WA back in August. :slight_smile: Welcome to the forums!!!

Elias, I think that LA might have one of the best karting scenes in the country. There are two really good clubs in LA (LAKC and Tri-C) and if you’re willing to travel 300-400 miles you can add 3 regional level series and then there are the two big races in Las Vegas. The competition quality and depth makes racing a challenge here.

During summer in the “Los Angeles” area there are months where you can race 3 times per month and if you’re willing to drive to AZ (Rok Challenge of the Americas) and Las Vegas (SuperNats & Rok the Rio), racing can be year round.

You could say that there could be too much kart racing in the Los Angeles area. I know a kid and his Dad that raced 32 times this year, locally in So Cal.

Jeez, gotta start making more money if I end up going to college in LA