Kt100 on a top kart frame issue

I have a older top kart chassis and am trying to get my kt100 to run on it but the L and T wet clutch sprocket is too far left so physically can not align chain and sprocket.The axle bearing cassette body is in spot where i need sprocket carrier to be. I thought of drilling out engine mount to slide motor right but that does not help as the clamps go into engine so that motor still in same spot. Sorry new to karting and totally lost now so thinking different chassis all together. But figured give this a shot first. thanks for any help
mateo

I’m pretty sure I know the problem that you are talking about. Can you post a picture of it? I’m most interested in what motor mount you are running. You might need to offset the motor on the mount to get the clearance that you need.

Agree with Daniel - are you running a KT100 specific motor mount with 3rd bearing support? right side frame rails are pretty consistent no matter how old the karts are if you have the right mount the sprocket should sit close to the bearing but not interfere with it.

Quote. “The axle bearing cassette body is in spot where I need rear sprocket carrier to be”

The bearing cassette body should be inside the bearing hanger on the chassis with the sprocket carrier on the outside, with the
sprocket next to the hanger.

As daniel has said a picture would help.

Assuming this is a normal right hand engine chassis?

As said above, make sure you have the right motor mount.

Also, it’s pretty common on Yamahas to have the sprocket carrier almost right up against the bearing cassette, so you often have to use flat-head bolts on that side for an extra 2mm of clearance.

I am leaving work in 30 min and heading home I will post some pics later tonight. I know the motor mount is kt specific yes has 3rd bearing mount but the part that connects chassis to motor I feel is the issue.

thanks everyone for the replies though much appreciated!

IMG_0182
So this is mounted but the alignment was way off and I ran it. ended up snapping the teeth off the back the clutch.

i will take pics of bottom part when get home

I at one time had an older top kart and ran a L&T wet clutch. I do remember the sprocket being way close to the bearing but it did clear it. I would have to say the solution is in the mount.

It appears that you axle gear is not centered under the chain guard, but rather to the right of it. Maybe you have the wrong gear carrier or as John Leah stated, the bearing cassette is mount incorrectly.

20181128_181255 20181128_181337

In my unprofessional opinion it’s your motor mount. Is it a 2 piece? Meaning you have the angled part that sits on the frame and a flat plate between that and the motor? There is a guy on a face book page selling some nice kt100 motor mounts cheap right now. Also you need to clean all that up. Looks gross.

Yea it is a 2 piece i know kart needs to be cleaned when clutch broke made a huge mess and was still helping my wife and boys rest of day at track so need to go through it all. Thanks

This is exactly what I ran on my old top kart https://cometkartsales.com/BMC-586-Burris-Third-Bearing-Support-and-Slider-Mount-International.html

The front engine mount clamp is not contacting the frame properly while the rear one is. Are the butterfly clamps the same?
Suggest you start over by first removing the engine from the chassis and clean things up. Check that engine is sitting square on the mount. Compare the two clamps to see if they are the same. Some mounts have two locations for the mounts to screw into. Make sure that you use the same screw hole location for both clamps.
Re-assemble the engine back on the chassis. Both mount clamps should be sitting between the rails as the rear one is now. With a straight edge against the axle gear, align it with the gear on the clutch or use a laser tool to align the gears.
Let us know how things turn out.

Well no problem with the cassette position so you can ignore my earlier post.

To add to what others have said you could move the sprocket to the other side ( inside )of the carrier and use countersunk screws to attach.

Also move the chain guard mounting brackets to the inside of the cassette

All to allow you to move the axle sprocket further in.

No chance that the clutch sprocket has ended up closer to the crankcase than it should be?

Things certainly look very close down there but with the present setup it would be the same on any kart.

there should also be a small spacer on the crank, behind the clutch / sprocket on the crank. They come in a couple different thickness depending on the clutch. I’d make sure you have the right on on there too.

I think it’s still more the mount than anything, it looks almost like 2 mounts put together which is weird. I’m pretty partial to the Odenthal mount, it’s a nice product: https://cometkartsales.com/Odenthal-Yamaha-Third-Bearing-Support-and-Slider-Mount.html

Yes it is probably not correct i just tossed back on chassis to get it home. Had motor off trying to figure out problem. It does have a little washer behind sprocket that matches the shape on one side to crankshaft. Was gonna try flat head bolts next thanks for that suggestion. Will also try moving guard that a great idea will give me more space. Let you guys know what happens and i promise will clean it! Hahahah

One last question where would i search fb for the guy selling motor mounts?