Kt100 on a top kart frame issue

Plus 1 for Andy’s suggestion on an Odenthal mount. You can call Comet if you have questions. I’m not familiar with your current mount. Is the plate under the mounter reversible and if so would the mount be mounted in another location on the mount and be a little more outboard? Before searching for another mount, know the diameter of the chassis rails and the distance between center line to center line of the rails. Check out Sprint Kart Racing Classifieds & Tech on FB.

Should we ask about the clutch?

I don’t see the clutch being the issue. Can’t really mess that up. If he didn’t have the tiny spacer it would only me out of a line like a mm. Also I think the clutch would lock up from riding up crank.

A post was split to a new topic: What do you use to clean your kart?

Ok cleaned up kart and engine installed new clutch with lil washer up against crank but the clutch will not disengage from crank so all spins as one. I looked at old l &t to find that the faces look similar but internally they differ. Not sure why they look different also one that was on kart had a different sprocket there is a casting that ran up crank arm to block and had a needle bearing in it the one i put on does not have this.

Remove the clutch and check the spacer. One side of the spacer is flat and the other is tapered. The tapered side goes onto the crank first. The flat side of the spacer goes against the clutch.
Another cause might be that the key in the crankshaft did not stay properly seated. As a test, you could reinstall the clutch without the spacer and key. The clutch should spin freely.

Sweet thanks will give that a shot thanks!

I reinstalled with out either the starter nut does not allow clutch to spin freely. 20181209_160404 20181209_160411 20181209_160441

The clutch on right was working but snapped driver off back my fault for lack of chain alignment but new one looks totally different1544400598548645329854745557998

I got it to work the guts broken clutch inside new clutch for some reason went on as it should worked perfectly. Sorry for all the mishap hahaha.

1 Like