LO206 oil level

I’m changing the engine mount on my LO206 from 15 degrees to 7 degrees.
The question I have is what oil level change should I make?

1 Like

Have you been measuring the amount you put in, or eyeballing against the drain plug threads?

If you’re measuring, 14oz should be sufficient with either mount angle. Some use more, some use less.

1 Like

14 is what we use no matter the mount angle.

1 Like

I’ve been using 15 Oz on a 15 degree…

Why 14 ounces if B&S recommends 13?

I’m just getting started, so I’m curious why there’s a difference.

Thanks.

For anyone else looking at this in the future, I just found this in the B&S 206 manual that states “…ONLY 14 ounces…”:

I think Briggs knows less about their engines than the builders and experienced racers do. :wink:

If I’m running 4T, I’m running 16oz because that’s half a bottle. Running 14oz means you have a bottle sitting with 4oz in it after your second change.

(I don’t run 4T.)

1 Like

I run 14oz, too because I read the same.

I’m not sure I’d go that far, have to keep in mind their recommendations are based on reliability.

Engines blowing up is not a good image, if they recommend an oil and quantity, when someone deviates from it, they can (quite rightly in many cases) say that it was an oil/maintenance issue vs an engine one.

1 Like

I run 425ml in mine :wink:

1 Like

I was told by my engine guy to run 16oz as well and to ignore Brigg’s “official” recommendation of 13oz.

So what do you run then?

:zipper_mouth_face:

I can’t tell everyone everything. :grin:

It’s gotta be olive oil then. That’s what the pros run. Changed after every heat.

Drizzled on steak is good. (Olive, not engine oil. To be clear).

i run about 13 oz. my measuring device only has hash marks at 12 oz and 16 oz, so i have to eyeball what i think is 13 oz. i don’t mind having that extra 6 oz in the bottle, just goes in on the next oil change.

1 Like

Im reading yes its an interesting story , but with all that olive oil ideas , im stopping for a while an make my self a good olive oil greek salad . This thing beats everything as a summer night snack :yum:

You know, lower viscosity doesn’t always mean lower friction. Plain bearings have eccentricity and asperity contact, roller bearings go metal-to-metal if the oil film can’t keep its integrity.

I won a 206 championship using Meijer 5W30 from the supermarket.

2 Likes

This is hard me foe me too. I used to use 16 oz of 4T. Then I went to Stewart Racing Oil, but when I weighed it, 16 oz of their oil weighed only 13 oz. Leaving me even more confused. . .

Does 13 ounces identify at 16 ounces . . .

I’m getting to old for this B.S. in the world we live in :rofl:

Keep it up and you gonna find a hungry American racer showing up at your doorstep with his spouse.

1 Like