Mad Mike racing an IAME 175 on dirt

just came across this video of Mad Mike the Red Bull drifter racing an IAME 175 on the dirt.
over 35000 views in a week so pretty good exposure for Karting even if it is on the dirt.

4 Likes

I don’t know whats in the water down there, but I want some.

1 Like

this might be up your alley

200open on dirt (twin 100cc water or aircooled) on dirt

1 Like

In typical form, New Zealand and Australia have fun figured out. @KartingIsLife why are we not funding this?! :wink:

2 Likes

I’m trying! I’m trying!!

1 Like

Personally, I think this is the single biggest miss in American karting today. WE NEED SPRINT DIRT KART RACING!

2 Likes

Damn! listen to that thing just pull stumps from low RPM. Delicious.

I’ve been wanting to make a dirt road course for a while. I’ll make it happen yet and do rentals at first on it. Renmark is the one that caught my eye at the outset.

I have no idea why these two things have not become commonplace yet in the US:

Dirt road courses for sprint karts.
Outdoor dirt kart rental karting.
Bonus: Rallycross road courses. Abandoned paved lot, use the best pavement as pavement. Where the pavement is crap, lay dirt.

As soon as I find a workable location (Cough, permits, cough) I’m on it. But that’s been a long search. I even tried to buy an abandoned track at one point.

Theoretically, if we wanted to do this, whats different between these karts and a regular sprint chassis? Like, can we take a 206 sprint kart, put rain tires on and an air filter cover and do this?

Leave slicks on, add a pre filter sock and send it.

1 Like

I would patronize such an establishment. Rental dirt karting would be amazeballs.

1 Like

‘Screw slip angle, gonna just throw this b*tch sideways!’ :metal:

1 Like

After a good day’s racing … must be ‘fun’ cleaning the kart. Hehehe …

Powerwasher (or even just a hose) with some sort of moto soap like Muc - Off and good to go.

1 Like

Little bit of history. 94, guy on right with blue top lid, is Mark Elder. He won the first F100 race at Rye back in 2010. Fantastic bloke

1 Like

Is that a twin Rotax on his kart?

Twin 100. He had one here UK fo a bit.

1 Like

Ah. The rads had me thinking Rotax, but looking again I can see they are on the front. Also noticed the sneaky Aixro at the end of the video. I’ve always got time for the spicy Dorito.

This is it here

Also used to race it as a sprint kart aswell. Open sprint karting in New Zealand is unfortunately not as popular as it used to be.

1 Like

With the rentals we did do a little bit of a test in a pit a few years ago. Dust control was not on the cards I guess :laughing: and gearing for 72 was a bit tall.

2 Likes