Multi (Dual and more) Engine Karts

There are solid axle karts with two brakes. It may make no sense, but it doesn’t mean that people won’t do it. :wink: This is a solid axle kart, I’m sure of it. You can’t run independent axles by supporting the axle at the first 1/3 of the length. UNLESS there is some sort of hidden bearing support under that square panel where the shock is bolted to.

I stand corrected on the camber :brap:

1 Like

Actually, it does make sense to run two rotors if you find you’re constantly smoking a single system with overheating. Maybe that was the thought here.

In the old days on the dual rear engine karts there were some karts that had an engine driving each rear wheel. Not very popular.

With my dual Alley Kat I’m running a huge vented disc brake. Not something they did back then, but I’m getting old like my feet and legs.

My dad uses a ton more brake than I do and small disc systems, he literally boils the brake fluid on rear engine karts.

Alley Kat 2’s brake system and engines

2 Likes

James, I think I saw the same kart in person today at the OVKA swap meet.

1 Like

Unidentified quad motor kart

1 Like

Dual 206 from Margay:

We have a “Open” class here in Aus that is basically for doing crazy stuff with Karts.
I was at a event recently where a racer had Twin KA100’s.
It was awesome, sounded great and kept up very easily with both a KZ 2 and a Twin reed valve. I’ll see if I can get a picture next time I see it.

There is now talk here of boring a KA100 over size to make it a 125 air cooled engine, and running that as a twin.
If only none of this cost money…

1 Like

I’ve seen interesting combos over there like a watercooled FA on one side and a KZ on the other. Can’t say I understand the logic of boring out a KA when there’s sudams, 100’s and so on to play with. But maybe it’s just easier to get a KA?

Electric start is a plus… lol

1 Like

Dual B-Bomb (135cc Rotary)

Pic shot by Michael Bales (AKA Retro Grouch).

20161230_114551

Dual X-30s from Daytona last December.
Not sure where they race this kart if anywhere?

1 Like

Welcome @joebrittin and good call.
I think that’s @Mynameismcgyver’s build. Not sure if he’s gotten to drive it much.

I don’t think he blew up that one!

Mike at Dallas Karting Complex’s twin KF

1 Like

Does anyone still have an authentic made for racing multi engined-gokart that they wish to sell? I refer to twin or triple engined. Preferably McCulloch engined.

03f14d96-a0f8-4b39-aaf8-eec7c0161014

Alex Tagliani in his twin engine shifter kart that he used to train for racing CART cars in the early 2000s

2 Likes

Thanks Jim. Let me clarify. I am trying to discover “Old School” Karts such as the twin Mac 100 Bug Scorpion kart that I owned back circa 1965. The new modern versions are not what I want. Thanks anyway.

1 Like

My take on a twin. One day it will be finished.

1 Like