New Vortex ROK VLR 100cc for Karting

Competition is generally good in capitalist markets because the consumer usually gets a better product at a lower price than in markets dominated by a hegemonic supplier.

The problem is that karting manufacturers do not and will not compete on price, only on performance.

I know of chassis manufacturers who competed on price and decided to increase prices because people believed the price reflected quality. Increased price increased sales. The psychology is very interesting.

I am going with the KAā€¦getting a rebuilt blueprinted used KA for 2k. That was the thresholdā€¦if I went over 2k on a used KA, I was going to go with a new VLR.

Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

One thing, Marco was telling me he probably is gonna do a new vlr deal again this year. Or at least thatā€™s what I inferred from our brief discussion.

Any chance your series will work out something similar?

Dom, is Marco a Vortex rep? Or something along those lines.

No. He is the fella who is the race director. Itā€™s his show and he selects his marketing partners in terms of tire and engine packages. So, he coordinates with the importers from time to time to offer incentives to get racinā€™.
I imagine that your race director would know about such deals if heā€™s contemplating it.

Here are the details of LASTS yearā€™s deal for the F-Series

https://forums.kartpulse.com/t/gearup-f-series-2019-season-pass-deals-to-include-brand-new-vortex-motors/3182

Gotcha! What is your local club? We run a tag masters between Road America and Badger Raceway here in Wisconsin. We are switch over to TAG100 and have either option which is nice. But our masters class is based on the local tracks. RA and Badger keep very similar rules so we can run both places.

@tjkoyen got me in touch with his race team and really helped me out!!

1 Like

@jpine324 I used to run masters x30 in Marcos series at NJMP and eTown. F-series club.

1 Like

Justin by the eng u can afford I would pic the ka have friends running them and they are reliable and fast karting is controlled by manufactures think how the ka forced the yahama out at the WKA & SKUSA races yahama still b local small track engine watch SKUSA EKN Radio NETWORK they have ther series goin on lets see how popular the Vortex is with them in the future

1 Like

Itā€™s been said above, but the happenings at SKUSA and WKA Man Cup events is of limited relevance to most people unless they are running those series.

The KA and VLR (and IMā€™s X100) are quality packages of similar performance, so thatā€™s not as much of a concern.

What is a concern is determining what is going to work for the individual asking the question. Thatā€™s mostly dependent on the races they plan runningā€¦ not the ones they donā€™t.

I think itā€™s important to bear this in mind when we make recommendations to people.

1 Like

Been hearing that there may be a new exhaust manifold for the senior spec for improved performance but can seem to find any information about it. Any one have additional information or is it just rumorā€™s at this point.

I might have missed something,but what is the weight in this class,I think this is with this sort of engines important.

TaG%20100%20weights
This is what NTK goes by or at least close to this.