Official "Bert's 2023 Fantasy F1 League" Thread

You’re good! 6 slots, 5 drivers, one team.

For those newcomers, don’t forget to pick your double-points star driver.

Not a bad team Dom. Anyone who has no idea what to pick, just pick Dom’s team since he’s shown his hand already!

Here is mine

I am shooting for not last. I feel like I’m in a rental kart against a bunch of dudes in KZ.

I’ll hop in again this year. I tent to start forgetting about it once kart season fully ramps up and I’m running to a track every weekend but I’ll try to stay on top of it more this year as I can

Other then Dom, has anyone not got Alonso lol

2 Likes

I will say I have had Alonso locked in as my star driver for several days now…

2 Likes

Question that I can’t seem to find an answer to on the website/app.

How do improvement points work for drivers that do not have a rolling average? (E.g. just rookies it looks like)

EDIT: Found it. In case anyone else has the same question: "How are Improvement Points Calculated for New Drivers or Drivers That Switched Teams?" | GridRival Support Center

No idea what I’m doing. But I’m in

Not sure if I was supposed to maintain budget. But maxed that bad boy out.

Spend it all!

Your budget will fluctuate depending on your results. I grew mine 25mil last year by the end of season so I could sign a pretty killer line up every week. Still didn’t win.

Glad we’ve got more interest, it’s pretty fun.

That’s nice if you to say but there’s no logic to my list other than max is max, needed an old guy, and I figure lets give the new folks a shot.

I’m aiming playing averages and not aiming for one big name.

Nice, I have the same team as @Bert_Nash
I must be doing something right!

Tips for new players:

-Look at star drivers first. Basically pick the guy that you think will finish best under 18mil. Then build the team around him.
-Pick drivers you think are under valued. If they are and improve you can bank that salary. The max a salary can increase per race is 2 mil, so if you think a driver is undervalued by 4 mil, think about signing them for 2 races and get an extra 4 mil in your bank.
-DNFs hurt. Every position gets points. DNF’s can really torpedo a good team. Not that you can do much about this, but some drivers are better at staying out of trouble.
-Cutting drivers early is sometimes worth it. Just weigh the cost of the cut vs. who you’d replace them with.

2 Likes

Bye Ferrari… :rofl:

Yep Bye Bye Ferrari.

Looks like everyone from Tanguy down either got LeClerc’ed or McLaren’ed.

Most common team was shared by Nik, Austin, Jesus, and Myself. Only Christian and Jeremy had the guts to pick Stroll after his accident. But Christian doubled down on the team as well and money-balled himself into first place.

Also I’m in the giant P1 Podcast league that has 15,000 players, so I’ll give you optimal lineup for each race. This week:

Alonso
Sainz
Stroll
Perez
Sargeant
Aston Martin

Scoring 1112 points.

1 Like

I will never learn from my mistakes :melting_face:

1 Like

I mean I’ll fully admit beginners luck. However, I didn’t overthink it. And going forward it’s probably going to hurt me. I aimed for under rated drivers to fill a void created by taking some top ones.

Consistency is something I considered. But I had no idea how bad dnf hurt until looking at scores.

Lastly I was so happy to watch zhou go for fast lap as it moved two drivers up one spot on my team