Official "Bert's 2023 Fantasy F1 League" Thread

I might actually have a decent line up for once. Sainz, Norris, Hulk, Stroll, RBR

They’ll probably read this and take each other out at T1

2 Likes

10, 11, 12, 16, 18. :smiling_face_with_tear:
I’m in pain

It should be an interesting race, I love wet Quali dry race combos. It’s super interesting to see who sacrifices Quali pace for lower downforce race pace and vice versa. Should be a good one.

FRIDAY QUALI ALERT!!! If you forgot like me, you have roughly two hours to set you line-up! Get in there Lewis!

2 Likes

Reminder to set team. Also can now sign Ric.

I’m on the Ric hypetrain :grin:

Bring back Uncle Seb!

Further Vettel being absurdly cool nonsense:

It’s kind of hard not to love this guy. What a mensch.

Not to point too fine a point on it but I watched a video of Vettel interacting with a child and then Kimi interacting with a lady reporter. Seb was kind and gentle with the kiddo and was awesome. Kimi made some sort of sexist comment, jokingly, to the lady reporter. Sorta cringe. Normal stuff, but in comparison, Seb was a better ambassador for the sport and his team.

Moving on:

If you Google “Valterri Bottas Butt” you get some intersting results. This one was my favorite hit:

WS» SPORTS» F1: VALTTERI BOTTAS GIFTS LEWIS HAMILTON A NAKED PHOTO OF HIMSELF AHEAD OF MONACO GP

IMG_0082

"In the caption, Bottas had written, “Saved the last print for my buddy, Lewis Hamilton.”

Valterri is so thoughtful and Lewis is truly appreciative.

Get those lineups complete!

YES YES! Get your lineup done before quali is SUPPOSED to start today. A couple wrinkles: FIA has announced that if Quali has to be cancelled, the race order will be set by championship order BUT max has a 5 place grid drop for gearbox replacement. So the race grid will be the following if they can’t get quali in:

P1 PER
P2 ALO
P3 HAM
P4 RUS
5. Sainz 6. Verstappen 7. Leclerc 8. Norris 9. Stroll 10. Ocon 11. Piastri 12. Gasly 13. Albon 14. Hulkenberg 15. Bottas 16. Zhou 17. Tsunoda 18. Magnussen 19. Sargeant 20. Ricciardo

I’m feeling Yuki lucki.

I suspect we all also chose Danny.

Wait we missed some races! Or did it end and I just didn’t notice?

I’d just like to thank Max for making the race that I can’t have him on my team a rubbish race :joy:

Back to normal

Oh right I guess that’s why we stopped. Max won everything

The dream team brought to you by Grey Poupon and a couple old dudes.

So, about those badges for The Bert Cup… :wink:

Good season everyone. That was fun! Looking forward to next year.

I missed a week but did my best to claw back. Good season all!

Yeah me too. Too many races lol

Me too. Solid mid fielder me :grinning:

Congrats on the win Austin.

It was definitely fun. Count me in next year!

1 Like

I didn’t forget to set my lineup at all but one race I messed up and didn’t pick a talent driver. I thought that was going to ruin it for me but luckily I wasn’t the only one!

@Pippen_001 It was a lot of fun, especially when we were shuffling positions toward the end.

And a lot less frustration compared to fantasy football.

1 Like