Old School 100cc Megatopic

Tyvm I shall mess about and make you something

Here’s a silly one:

Not sure if that ad campaign made it to your neck of the woods

1 Like

Hahahah genius!!

Very creative Dom, never stops surprising

Thanks, those were quick and dirty. I’ll try to make something that honors 100cc better

Lucas, what is the location

Kart Ring Klippan in Östra Ljungby :grinning:

If I could have one of the karts in the photo, I pick 96.

Let’s pretend the Busy Bee didnt exist…

Which do you guys want in your garage?

2 Likes

48 would be my choice

1 Like

How effective is this? Ever tried?

It does work, but a bit overkill :joy: If your carb is good and seals well it isn’t needed

1 Like

It’s mostly to stop the tires sticking to the ground. You could pull your back out pretty easy if the kart is left on the ground and flat spotting was a possibility with the special FSA tires.

Unless someone’s rocking the kart back and forth a lot though, fuel leaking isn’t a problem.

1 Like

Began disassembly on my Vortex VL95 to check all the tolerances etc, changing the big conrod bearing after 3h of runtime. Don’t want to take any risk and to prolong the life of the rod. Easy enough to do with the right tools

4 Likes

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttt like a mellow !

Shoutout to the inboard drive rotaries. Saw this one on FB marketplace and it reminded me that I need to acquire one some day,

The inboard drive gave a clearer path for the carb\induction… probably saved a few fingers too. This is a Rotax DSE-L.

DS for Rotary
E for the series (1998-2001?)
-L for left\inboard drive

1 Like

Changed big end bearing and shims today on my Vortex VL95, pressed it down 1/4 and made some amount of corrections. Pressed the rest of it and it got into zero. 15min job, I should buy a lottery ticket :joy:

Last crank I did took 4 hours :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

What exactly is being accomplished here? Having the arm be perfectly vertical?

I’m measuring the run out of the crank after assembly, you want it zero. Or maximum 0.01mm runout.

After assembly the halves could either be spread or misaligned so you have to adjust with a copper hammer. Old fashion

2 Likes

Copper hammer… me best friend , always has a special place on my bench !!

Sarcastic Han Solo GIF by Star Wars

Here’s a video of the process and why it’s done.

Highly recommend 2Stroke Stuffing’s channel if you want to geek out and disappear for a month on two strokes.

4 Likes