Old School 100cc Megatopic

Aha! I understand now. This must be special torture for the OCD gang. TY!

Smack smack deluxe to straighten things sometimes :joy:

Is you shop at the end of Copperhead Road? :rofl:

1 Like

Just get back from the garage the rotax is alive !!
Set up phase is on the rise now .

And thats a fantastic song i didnt know till today ,
And man i love you for that . Cheers from greece and god bless the usa .

Thats a southern comfort drink sound , but first a good bath .

Thanks warren !

2 Likes

From a FB group

"The year 2000 was the last year of the three-year engines homolog 98/99/00 … all 100cc engines were air-cooled, excluding the FORMULA SUPER A category (only in 2000), which had a special authorization to use the new liquid-cooled thermals (for experimental purposes) one year in advance, considering that the new three-year homologation for the 100cc class would have started in 2001 with liquid cooling as a standard. All the builders used the classic air-cooled bottom, and prepared a temporary liquid-cooled cylinder for the year 2000 to test and develop this new type of cooling on 100cc … it was adopted by everyone, even by the famous italsistem sv21 Cinghietta, which in 2000 had this special authorization. But in 2001 the new italsistem SV31 was homologated, with redesigned case and cylinder, with external studs and other improvements. "

1 Like

SV31, freshly rebuilt

1 Like

Animation Sketch GIF by Mathew Lucas

1 Like

Just read through this thread. All I can say is if I still lived in the UK I would be all over this and I’m an ex long circuit gearbox guy :flushed: Looks so much fun, I never had time for the class 1 stuff back in the day but it looks like I seriously missed out!

3 Likes

Another event for UK. The lads are going open tyres as well which will be good.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1419724475574382

2 Likes

2 Likes

This is going to be lit. Wonder if anyone will be looking to uncover some chewing gum natural rubber tires from the 90’s

Will you be covering it?

Just been announced so who knows. I’ll probably pop down for a look. not sure I have the heart for another failed attempt at getting a kart on a grid ha

2 Likes

What kart frame is that?

It looks very similar to my first kart about 25 odd years ago

Looks like a Deavanson Sprint chassis.

2 Likes

What engine is used for junior intercontinental A back in early 2000?

Junior Intercontinental A, or better know as JICA, was a multi-manufacturer class. That means there were several different brands making engjnes.

However the Parilla Swift was the overwhelmingly most popular engine for the class

1 Like

Adding to what Alan dove said they where a 100cc piston port motor that ran a clutch.
cc4add270fd34e7a730a462055b81e19_284x

1 Like

Spotted on FB today… “Proper” Sticky tires\tyres. The chassis in the pic has oval tubes from what I recall.
Driver: Charlotte “Lotta” Hellberg. CRG’s Charlotte chassis was named after her.

2 Likes

More rubber… My ribs hurt just looking at it now.

4 Likes