Old School 100cc Megatopic

I’m in the process of disassembling my PCR TSL98, very fun! Gathers lots of experience along the way🙌🏻

You have the equipment for bottom end rebuilds?

Semantics from me here, but the head looks like a TSL 95?

1 Like

Yes, I own a press and a jig for disassembly. Copper hammer and a jig to press it all together, a jig that is adjustable and works for most cranks👍🏻

Jig to check runout, basically all you need :grin:

1 Like

Sweet stuff, yeah you are right!

After some digging it is a 95, weird since the previous owner told me it was 98 :flushed:

Do a rebuild video sometime! I bet there’s folks who would love to see old engine rebuild.

1 Like

I’ll try my best! I am very bad at editing videos💀

It is very interesting tho, and pretty time consuming

I have watched some and yeah it takes a bit. A lot of labor to get at what needs getting to!

Sure!

Hopefully it will be less time consuming with this jig, pressing everything down straight so that there is less corrections to do :raised_hands:t2:

The only difference I can tell is that the head on the 95 does not have and extra horizontal fin on the bottom, whereas the 98 does.

I have a TSV95 rotary with the red head. Haven’t run it yet though.

2 Likes

Oh okay! They are pretty darn similar :joy:

Wow very nice, PCR are lovely engines. You should run it

1 Like

I’d love to run it but I have too many projects right now. I plan to buy a dedicated chassis at some point for my 100 stuff, breadbox bodywork etc. But no defined timeline right now :pensive:

1 Like

I hope you find some time for it🙌🏻

I’m in the board of my home track, we have made an event for classic karts now in the beginning of August. 2 whole days with 8h each day of driving with classic karts. Going to be awesome :boom:

5 Likes

Photo dump from the meeting :raised_hands:t2:

8 Likes

5 Likes

11 Likes

Reviving the thread here…what tires and baseline cold pressures are you all running on the old school 100s?

I tried the MG Red takeoffs from my shifter and it was pretty much a nightmare, wondering what else I should be running. MG greens are on top of the list for now, I’m curious what everyone else is running

In Sweden and Denmark we run LeCont LH03, suits the chassis very well. 0.65-0.7 bar cold pressures

I’ve tried LeCont Prime from my Kz but that was way to much, 2 wheeling all the time :joy:

2 Likes

Can I have names of theses drivers? My usual art nonsense incoming. The 5 shots directly above. I’ll do a collage.

Basically do you have a kart number to name timesheet for the photo dump session?

I’ll do the names in order of the pics.

Fabbe Nilsson

Jonas Kraft

Philip Hall

Peter Liljefors

Racerbengan

Unfortunately no timing sheet, we ran no transponders :grin:

1 Like