Old School 100cc Megatopic

Aw no way, nobody had a spare engine you could borrow?

That just looks like so much fun. Brilliant stuff Alan.

And I love the vintage Merlin/MRC/ATK patches.

1 Like

Many were generous, but I didn’t wanna race on loaned engines. It was either my own engines or no race

1 Like

I think the whole suit is legit vintage :slight_smile:

Was unreal mate. Just epic on every level.

1 Like

Fook me that’s some tuck under on Ollie’s kart!

2 Likes

a couple drivers were two-wheeling it. Proper innit

2 Likes

How many engines grenaded?

I would say between a fair amount and a few. Part of the challenge. The tricky thing was carbs to be honest. British homologated slides from 88-92ish are hard to source let alone get running right.

1 Like

Looks epic. I hope you had a ball and it seemed like a terrific race and event.

3 Likes

Haha this is amazing! Vintage at its peak :boom::heart_eyes:

1 Like

+1 pure awesomeness! An this guy, checking the jetting…the old school way, before you had those fancy EGTs

3 Likes

I like this typo in context of what you guys did to those tires.

2 Likes

These karts on kerbs just are the nuts.

shell suit bros

2 Likes

Holding the airbox on

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Turn the volume up for this one

3 Likes

How does the old chassis differ from modern karts?
I have a 2004 top kart chassis now that came with a watercooled comer 100cc, and threw that a became obesessed with vintage karting, and resently i have bought several older aircooled engines.

But now i need a new chassis, and i was wondering putting my old engines on a newer chassis or getting an older one, and if so…any suggestions?

When comparing my pcr with my Kz I feel like the older chassi geometry takes a more aggressive style to get around quick as it settles down pretty fast. And a more modern frame is faster when smooth with the steering, it feels like it holds the lift more easier :grin:

My pcr is 34mm tho so it could be that, but I have driven older 32mm and they feel the same

I’ve never heard of a 34mm frame. Are you sure?

1 Like

I’m very sure! I have measured it, very odd chassis. As my friend has a PCR Leopard too but his is 32mm. I have to modify new engine mounts for it to fit

My other friend has an old Tecno, it is 8cm wider at the rear compared to mine😳