Old School 100cc Megatopic

Once again, the best karting event on the planet!

3 Likes

28.5 Kaltec Slide with Atomik AKV90

internal

So Super National starts here for me

7 Likes

Pulled the trigger on this as well.

1 Like

I love those triangular nerf bars! Reminds me of my favorite looking F1 car. The arrow head shaped Brabham BT52!

Also I see the camber adjustment via the rod ends, but is that a caster adjustment via backing out that socket head cap screw and rotating the spindle arm? Or I guess it would adjust ackermann/steering rate?

1 Like

I haven’t got my hands on it yet so don’t know ye :slight_smile: The older models had a full telescopic system which you can kinda see here below, but they reverted back to this from about 88 onwards.

2 Likes

Mega, indeed. That’s a good looking chassis.

Someone actually gave it away for free a month or two ago on FB as like a barn find type thing… gutted to miss out on it. Been sold twice since lol

Oh man I’m bummed I thought you got it.

Oh… I have… I am the third person in the train. lol

Haha. Ok I redact previous and now pity your wallet. But if ya gonna buy a kart, that looks like one to be excited about,

I have two now. this one cost $416 so not too bad. But I have to stop spending now and earn. :triumph:

Are we to understand that the House of 100 will see its spiritual leader joining the grid?

Oli is more that than I. I have to race otherwise what’s the point of it all. First kart i sat in was a Sprint… so naturally I have to race one.

2 Likes

a better view of the telescopic setup

3 Likes

Picked up the karts last night in the p*ssing rain. The bare chassis went int he back of the Clio, and the other one on top.

~

has original cheng shin tyres to

3 Likes
2 Likes

New to the Forum and wanted to share my 90s Kart (actually from 2000). Birel with rebuild Comer 351L and HHC T2 Carb. Rollout was done in the wet, looking forward to drive it at Spa this year, where 100cc are allowed.

7 Likes

I rebuild this beauty right now Birel R932

I just need to repaint the frame then it will look like new.

I got 2x Iame TT36 for it and i just got an 135cc tkm engine that i will also run on this chassi

3 Likes