Post a cool Pic of you in your Kart

I got lucky I found someone out here into black and orange as much as I am. It’s the little things, but I believe if you look good, you feel good, you’ll do good.

Yup, the tailored suit effect. Plus, karting is an event, black tie optional.

3 Likes

Oooh, artsy! Nice photo. Bambino speed!

You look smaller than I would have thought.

1 Like

Kiddo got his first win of the year last weekend and set a new personal best on the track.

Next weekend we travel to a new track with a different motor package to see how we do

I switch from x30 to ka for the next race.

3 Likes

Here are some pictures of my daughter from last weekend at TSRS NOLA. The one picture is 43 KA100 Sr taking the green flag in the final. Picture credit goes to Ken Johnson and Studio 52.

3 Likes

Epic shots! :camera_flash:(20 chars)

This is me number 97 at Brands Hatch England 1989 racing in 250 National. I’m just attempting to get back into karting now at age 61! This photo was in Motorsports magazine in the UK.

10 Likes

Oooh, I think Alan Dove will approve! Those look faaaaast!

1 Like

Dang Zebug, how many in that field! :flushed:

43 karts in the final. All other sessions they ran the field split, but put everyone together for the final. That wasn’t even the largest field we’ve had, one round last year we had 45 entries.

Just an observation in both pics your daughter’s head looks almost uncomfortable tilted (is she wearing a neck device). Not sure what the experts would recommend but I am of the opinion that you want your back as upright as possible and your head should stay more level.

When she moved into seniors, she stopped wearing a neck brace because she didn’t have to and she was more comfortable that way. When we had coaching with Alan Rudolph, he recommends either no neck brace or a very minimal one so you can have more mobility to look around. I think she has a little longer neck than most, and her head looks like it’s in an uncomfortable position because she leans her head into the turns. It’s how she is most comfortable, because I have tried to get her to keep her head more upright and potentially lean to the outside of the kart. I have other pictures where her torso is where it needs to be, but her head is still leaning in. 7+ years of karting, and that is just how she holds her head. She’s never complained about neck pain, just hand cramps.

1 Like

Probably makes very little difference, and unless what a driver is doing is causing clear issues, messing with something they’ve have developed idiosyncratically might have negative effects.

3 Likes

Turning some laps as the sun sets over the mountains. Hard to beat.

3 Likes

Going to a race alone this is the only photo I got

3 Likes

And one of the kiddo. His first travel race.

2 Likes

More kart than kiddo! The tiny chassis makes the tires look big like a cool forza car.

How did it go for him?

1 Like

He was doing good. Adapted to the track well with some glimpses of speed. Was running second and looped it. Took forever for the corner Marshall to get him back on track so fell to 4th. All in all a good learning weekend for him.

He’s never been on a track that fast or wide so he struggled to use all the pavement. As he is pretty used to a very tight technical home track

1 Like