Post a cool Pic of you in your Kart

You’re just jealous!

Putting in laps in the +100F heat. Great way to cut some weight…

1 Like

Ya know there’s a reason your neck of the woods is known for earth tones and pastels like turquoise.

It looks good… but is it fast?

I know personal grooming and engineering is not a thing but Elias, if you shave your face you must also shave your neck. Trust me it works better that way.

I do love being back out here. Just another month of suffering and then the next 6-7 months is just beautiful weather.
Hard to beat the scenery was out hiking in Sedona on Monday. Impossibly beautiful scenery is just a 1.5 hour drive.

2 Likes

This raises the question, what’s the best looking western track?

The Amp of the western states? The one that’s shaped likea whale in California is rugged but not pretty, especially.

In terms of elevation change and scenery Grand Junction was pretty awesome this year. Still need to get out to some other tracks in California to see the scenery there.

1 Like

Oooh. That’s a pretty shot. I’ll call it “waiting”.

Edit: a subtle but meaningful improvement:

2 Likes

Lmao don’t worry, I’m not keen on growing a neck beard
Yeah the things are crazy quick, 400 pounds of downforce at 60mph, 0-60 in 3.0, 2.8-3 gs in corners, and they only weigh 550-600lbs with a driver

1 Like

Formula SAE? So did you wind up at MSU? Questions…

I’m at MSU! Massive school, kinda wild how big it is. Lots of car people too which is nice
Ask away

1 Like

Electric kart by Vextrek at the Lamar County Speedway in Barnesville, GA.

1 Like

Nothing to bang an elbow into. I like the way it looks, compact.

1 Like

Thanks. That motor can get hot though so you have to be careful getting out of the seat. :slight_smile:

Not in my kart but Circa 2006. IIRC, Felipe Giaffone was one of the first drivers during our sponsorship tenure with Foyt. Sadly, we didn’t see a whole lot of success other than 2013 when Sato won at Long Beach. As a manager with ABC, I was able to attend a lot of races with vip access to the garage, tech area etc and got the car to my branch during a customer appreciation event. Diecast still sits on my office bookshelf along with the pic of me in the car. The first IH CXT 7400 hauler was pretty awesome until we went to the full support tractor trailer unit. Good times.

5 Likes

Best regards from Serbia.

8 Likes

Did you say post a picture of keeping cool on your kart? This is one of my favourites. It was crazy hot this weekend and the session before we had got stuck on the grid for a long time. This time we were prepared with the fan.

This is a close second.

5 Likes

Here’s a couple from this morning.

2 Likes

Just got some photos from earlier in the year and these are a couple of my faves. I especially like backing in 90s style at the start.

5 Likes

Well … you said cool picture :slight_smile:

2 Likes