Post a cool Pic of you in your Kart

1 Like

The Junior Kart classes were removed from competition as there was some concerns about Jr. Kart programs at the local level not being ran in a safe manner (Read: This is more of a concern in a autocross setting, especially as autocross sites may have more things to run into). The normal Kart Class (Kart Modified) is still a thing for any 16+ year old, Licensed driver.

1 Like

I’m not in the car but this is what I’ll be running for 2023, at the jolly old age of 71! It’s now or never.

13 Likes

Woot! Your car or a series like Lucas where you use their cars? I did a weekend with Lucas once and drove similar, street tires/no downforce. What fun!

Used some WildKart Pedals Extenders to set up this new to me MGM for my teenage daughter. I think it turned out great.

5 Likes

Very nice. It looks like a Pre-99 Van Diemen FF.

I bought it. It’s seems like it will be bit more than karting but not an order of magnitude. The car wasn’t more than a brand new KZ shifter but it’s really old. Also the resell value keeps going up on these cars.

1 Like

Enjoy. The one I drove was a blast. Shifting was loud, a nice clang, and very satisfying. Very light. I may have done a bad downshift that may have blown an engine. :stuck_out_tongue:

My 8 year old got her first podium today in 206 kid kart, literally 3 weeks before aging out of Kid Kart!

P-1 she is very excited. (Even though it was small field)

MorganP1pack

10 Likes

Congrats to the both of you!

Way to go!

20 Chars and a podium

5 Likes

First session back behind the wheel in four months. Went pretty well and felt fast, just like riding a bike.

6 Likes

Nice shots, both. :checkered_flag::sunglasses::checkered_flag::sunglasses::checkered_flag:

1 Like

I’ll let my fiancé know. She is getting pretty good with a camera. Wasn’t easy last night as the sun was already setting behind the mountains when we started turning laps.

Another day of practice trying to get back into karting shape. Fitness is great, surprising my grip is the first thing to go.

Edit: surprisingly*

3 Likes

How does one surprise grip? Sneak up on a stack of tires and yell boo? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Tried that once. Tires didn’t budge.

2 Likes

By thinking like grip so you can always being one step ahead of it. Grip hates that! :rofl:

@KeslerDesignWorks Is that another one of your fiance’s photos? If so, she’s doing fantastic work! :+1:

1 Like

The gokart is now on its way to italy and my flight is leaving i 4 days​:smiley::smiley:

4 Likes