Post a pic of your first kart

My first kart was a 2007 Intrepid Cruiser with a pre-09 Leopard.
IMG_0846B

My daughter’s first kart was a 2015 CRG Hero with an Iame Gazelle. We bought it as a one event kart.
IMG_806510427351_10206068525860951_3160146461939475091_n

2 Likes

20180412_181155

20180414_133234

FB_IMG_1524929316633

First kart. Terrible buying experience…sold it to get away from and not be associated to the brand and dealer.

1 Like

That sucks :frowning:
Would love to read your story sometime though.

Is it slander if I dont mention names lol I’ve really been afraid to go on and write about the whole deal because I dont wanna be accused of slander or such lol and the fact that the pic tells a person who races locally near me will know who I am referring to because it’s quite clear where the pic was taken if you know what you are looking at

1 Like

You’re an adult. Tell whatever story you want.

I think keep it factual and leave room for benefit of doubt.

Also curious about your #SickNotWeak sticker.

I hear you Adam. I was lucky. I picked mine off of Craigslist from an individual, and it’s exactly what he claimed it to be from what I have found.

Buying anything without a lot of experience (and not having someone with you who does) is a crap shoot. But yeah, you’d hope a dealer at a track would at least be honest. Sorry to hear that.

2 Likes

I think it’s important to differentiate between when people outright lie, or have been mislead/lied to and that’s being passed along. Neither are good of course.

The number of “shifter karts” with flathead motors on them is quite interesting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aww, that’s too bad that story disappeared. It was an interesting read.
It does suck that you got dealt a bad hand though.

1 Like

I just keep on keeping on and try to have fun with what I got dealt. After all #keepkartingfun

2 Likes

My first kart was ,actually, fabricated by my dad. Modeled after a Rupp, but with square tubing. 1979, I was 8. Raced at Flatrock Speedway in Flatrock, Michigan with the Ford Thunderbird Kart Club. 3 hp Briggs and Stratton. Rookie year…runner up for class champion and most improved driver. Even got an “Upside down” trophy for flipping, lol. Second picture is my first new kart. 1984, Margay Bandito, 100cc Dap T50. Stock Jr., fastest, most competitive, class in the club! What a blast! FB_IMG_1526484222866FB_IMG_1526484201318

3 Likes

I wonder how the little red wagon did in that race… probably kicked the green wagon’s butt.

Cool photos and even cooler collar.

1 Like

Love that weight on the nose.

1 Like

It was a pipe bomb! If I couldn’t get around them, I’d blow them up!

1 Like

Early Mario Kart…

1 Like

I think one of the coolest things with that club is that it was sponsored by Ford! We held our meetings in conference rooms at the Ford World Headquarters in Dearborn. I use to race against Jack Roush Jr.! It was pretty cool seeing the “Cat in the Hat” at this little 1/4 mile oval!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the information. What is the speed that this cart goes?