Race fees / track fees

comes out to about $5k for 9 races in world formula including tires and repairs

That’s not too bad overall.

could be worse. probably closer to 6k but still not bad. I just cant break anything, than it gets really expensive.

Your situation sounds unfortunate and I guess I should be thankful I have the opportunities to kart that I have. With that being said in your situation what are your alternatives? What would a membership at Canaan cost and maybe find a track car?

That’s a solid $10k for anything close to a track car that I don’t have. Canaan doesn’t have any memberships but you can’t rent the entire track for a day for like $800. I want to try f series but that’s too much travel.

Why do I get the impression your college years and beyond are not likely to be in NH?

Here’s my breakdown for my home track (https://simaracing.com/).

Membership: $750/yr
Private Garage Rental (10’x12’): $2,120 (includes electricity)

This gives me unlimited practice all year round and discounts on coaching/training at their driver academy. I just pay $10 for a “pit pass” each time which basically covers the insurance. I also have access to a full-service kart shop on-site that has basically anything I need. They keep a card on file and just bill me as I purchase items.

There’s another local track (PSGKA) that is slightly more challenging to get to for me that has a $300/yr membership and then $10/day pit pass. I may get a membership here at some point.

Race day fees around here vary from around $60/day to $90/day for each class you enter. I’m located in the Seattle, WA area.

Probably not… Im actually financially in a position to continue karting through college, so that may play a small role in what colleges I end up applying to

That’s what I meant actually. Choice of college in an area with lots of racing and similar oppty. How about California?

Looking at UC Berkeley school of engineering, Georgia tech, Michigan state, Virginia tech, and UCLA

Only membership nearby is club motorsports. $3500 initiation fee, $1000 yearly fee. It’s a .4 mile track…

How about the University of Texas at Austin?

(UT FSAE industry advisor speaking…)

East Lansing Kart Track:

Non-member practice $40, race $50, one-day pit pass $10, two-day pit pass $15
For member practice $30, race $40, membership costs $50

Point Pelee Kart Club
Non-member race 80 CAD which is about $60, includes pit pass

Wow… I have the most expensive tracks here by a long shot. Crap.

I think the least expensive track in the country is Fremont in Ohio, $25 race fee and $5 pit pass.

Hill Country Kart Club (New Braunfels, TX):
Membership is $275 annually (can purchase 5 and 25 year memberships at discounted rates)
Membership race entry is $35 (includes driver’s pass)
Non-Member entry is $60
Members can practice any daylight hours for free
Non-members can practice twice with Member present

Speedsportz Racing Park (New Caney, TX):
Membership is $1,300 annually
Membership race entry is $65 (includes driver’s pass)
Non-Member race entry is $95 (includes driver’s pass)
Members can practice free anytime track is open
Non-members pay $75 for practice

If you pick GA Tech you’ll have Lamar County Speedway about 90 minutes south if you, home to the Georgia Sprint Karting Association.
90 minutes north of Tech is Atlanta Motorsports Park.

Do you guys have to pay any insurance fees if you choose to do rentals? Rental race or just turning laps in

Nope. The insurance is held by the track. For fancy cars, some folks buy track day insurance. Not necessary in karting.

Wow… I had to pay $10 plus an extra $35 for like 10~ laps with the rental kart at the “test” track. The track was very small… low key feel like it’s overpriced. I did like 25 laps in total. So like spend 85~ bucks that day.