Sim Racing Megatopic

Don, I’m running the Ray Formula Ford at the Laguna Seca track on iRacing. Not sure how realistic it is especially on my crude setup. The neat thing is, I have an opportunity to race the FF at Laguna Seca in May. It would be interesting to see if the simulation helps. At minimum, I’ll know which way the turns are.

2 Likes

Ultimate Garage Flex

Le Mans slot car track inside a 917 reproduction

Still a chance to bid: Slot Mods Porsche 917 Le Mans Slot Car Raceway for sale on BaT Auctions - ending April 4 (Lot #103,026) | Bring a Trailer

Genius! Heel support addon for pedal:

A company from Finland makes some pretty nice pedals and offers these optional heel supports.

A formula style-ish sim racing seat with an odd price:

What’s baffling is how the price is all over the place and the shipping quotes are outrageous. Folks are saying 300 bucks to ship, for example. I’m wondering if that’s because it’s vaporware or something and the absurd shipping is to push people away.

There is no way this is worth 800-1000 bucks. It’s a “sim” seat for gods sake.

In any case, I’d think that this positioning would be more kart-y than a normal GT seat.

Motorsport Games doesn’t think they’ll make it through the year with how much money their losing.

The IndyCar game probably isn’t coming, in case anyone was still hoping. I sent design files over for helmets a few weeks ago, so I guess they are going to work on it as much as possible.

2 Likes

For that price the seating position should be bent over forward. :flushed:

1 Like

When I was a kid, half of our garage was filled with a giant table upon which my Dad had created for me an HO (AFX) scale slot car track that was (as closely as he could make it with the available track pieces) a model of the original Laguna Seca track. He made it complete with elevation changes (not as extreme as the real deal), signage, grass, trees, shrubs, etc. My friends and I spend hours racing around that track.

1 Like

Wow, sounds like dad did you a solid! Trains and slot cars are so cool!

Nice clamps! I have a seemingly identical set that came from my grandfather’s tools that I use for mounting my seat “jig” aka wooden board :grin:

I find myself in the odd position of being forced to root for them to survive despite their vile business. If KK goes dark, it’s game over. No offline play.

NASCAR Driver Suspended for Parking on Track Now Sponsored by Parking Company

Josh Williams got slammed for parking on an active track. When he returns for this weekend’s ToyotaCare 250, his car will wear Parking Guidance Systems livery.

Well played, Josh.

1 Like

Regarding your trip to Laguna Seca after simming it…

I prepared for the 6 hours of Atlanta by lapping for a few months in Kk. When I got to the actual track, I was blown away by how perfect the scans are, down to the seams in the asphalt. While the track decor/surroundings were different than in game, the track itself was pretty much an exact duplicate. My first lap felt like exactly what you’d expect after simming it.

Kerbs, however, are nastier irl.

Racers find a way.

1 Like

Yeah, no one will bother you in there.

A helpful redditor suggested these:

I found RC karts in Aliexpress:

Fun with AI
Elephant chasing cat in go kart

Kart jumping flaming pool of sharks

James McMahon driving a kart on a frozen lake

Racers worshipping at the altar of the motor god

Irate karter throwing nosecone at fellow competitor

Same but really weird. Look at faring and steering column.

1 Like

Man these are pretty funny! James is my fav…fella looks like he’s having a blast :joy:

1 Like

:smirk: as I’ve always suspected, James is just two kids in a trench coat and kart

I love how it got nosecone completely wrong and gave us what appears to be a missle part

1 Like

Speaking of AI: