Sim Racing Megatopic

Yeah I mean we cannot expect absolute perfection from the game, but when I watch it is very darn close to the real thing, at least with what it has to offer

My 2 cents: I think that KartKraft is really close to the real thing (in a league of its own) when it comes to steering inputs, weight transfer, rotating and so on. It is impressively accurate. On the brakes it is fairly good, but I lose a bit there because of the lack of feeling. Riding the kerbs is where I think the sim can gain the most to get it close to real.

The kerbs are wierd but here’s the thing… if you take them correctly, they work. If you strike them at an angle that will upset kart, it’s magnified.

The brakes are indeed a bit different. The KZ with front brakes feels more natural. The x30 has a wierd quality that if you remain on the brake too long, the kart loads up oddly and sort of explodes into a snap, rather than a slide.

what track is this set up for?

1 Like

Oliver, if you are referring to my setups it’s for all of them. I run one setup.

This particular track is Paul Fletcher Intl. in England, the “old” pre-bridge layout.

1 Like

Telemetry display

The latest update allows you to reorganize the HUD and choose what to display. I discovered this neat telemetry display which I thought would be fun to show. Its the data that is also being displayed as a bar graph up top right. Very cool.

What would be even better is if we could chose to see what we want to see. For example, I don’t need to see FFB displayed. It would also be cool to be able to view the data in Race Studio or it’s equivalent. These would fall in the “nice to have” category, and something like it will eventually be built into or modded into the game, I suspect. In any case, much appreciated update, with lots of good stuff.

I jumped on for a few laps just to see what changed. The NTK curbs are weird, are they really on the racing surface like that on the real circuit?

I flipped about four times at PFI and gave up.

I did go US #1 at GKCV after about 4 laps, I think there’s plenty more time to be had there if I had the patience to pound out laps. Chasing the leaderboard times has sort of lost it’s charm for me though, I have more fun just doing AI races now.

The kerbs are again messed up. That being said, if your angle of attack is such that it upsets the kart in the correct direction, it works. But, it’s too bouncy and most don’t want to deal with that.

I am not sure if there’s too much bounce in the tire or if the chassis has some wierd flex thing happening.

What are the specs of the game ?? Looking getting a computer set up to do some racing … seeing what I would need to get started …thanks. !! Game looks awesome

1 Like

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM:

• Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 or AMD FX-8120

• Memory: 4 GB RAM

• Graphics: GeForce GTX 760

• DirectX: Version 11

• Storage: 32 GB available space

• Sound Card: Integrated

• Additional Notes: Game in Early Access, final specs to be defined

RECOMMENDED:

• Processor: Intel Core i5-8600K or AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

• Memory: 16 GB RAM

• Graphics: GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB

• DirectX: Version 11

• Storage: 32 GB available space

• Sound Card: Integrated

• Additional Notes: Game in Early Access, final specs to be defined

You can find out more on Steam:

If you’re going to buy KartKraft soon on steam I really suggest you wait till the winter sale (December 17-31, 2020) because almost all their games become much cheaper. But if you don’t mind spending the $19.99 then you don’t have to wait, but you could purchase it for $10 in the winter sale most likely.

I once saw assetto corsa for $4 no joke :joy:

Kk doesn’t require a beast of a system to run. I run it in low settings in vr with a 1070.

Jumped back on iRacing recently and have been having a hoot of a time in the Porsche cup cars but in the back of my mind keep thinking about trying out Kart Kraft.

Is there a development roadmap somewhere for KK and does it involve more tracks? One of the big drivers for me getting into a sim is the ability to practice like for like tracks before I go drive there and the only applicable circuit on KK is AMP which honestly isn’t on my list to drive for 2020. If it had New Castle and or GoPro I would have purchased the thing long ago…

The roadmap is outdated. Black Delta is about 3 dudes and a lab or something.

The long plan is to finish multiplayer, add 2 engines (ka 100 and lo206), add two tracks, then open up modding for tracks.

As a track specific training tool, not useful yet unless you drive one of the existing tracks.

I do not know eta. It could be a while.

@Bimodal_Rocket, please help me out. Today I bought an Oculus Rift (old version). I installed all the drivers, went through the setup and what do I do next? Is KartKraft automatically suppose to recognize VR? Or should also Windows be in VR already. I must have set up the VR wrong, I am guessing the sensors. Only in the Oculus hub it is indeed in VR, when I open anything outside the Oculus hub, it’s not in VR.

@Matthijs_Hofman first off, is the headset plugged into a usb3 port?

In my case, I start with steam vr mode but you’d start in oculus. The steam vr launches the windows vr.

Have you tried launching in Steam VR mode, not oculus?

I didn’t know I needed Steam VR so that’s the first thing I will do next. I’ll keep you posted, thanks as always.

That’s probably it. It is confusing as Heck. I had so many problems figuring it out. Good luck! Let me know if that worked.

I made some progress. I can now see VR on my computer screen (I can look around in KartKraft by moving my Rift headset) but the screen on my headset stays black. Any tips what to do next?