Sim rigs using used kart chassis

One of the tracks I race at did a nice one.

2 Likes

Somehow I’d missed this thread…

Great idea for the winter time with my work-in-progress electric kart. It would be simple to tap into the potentiometer for the throttle and brake to use indoors with simulator screens. For steering disconnect the wheel and mount a force-feedback unit. No fear of getting any fluids (except brake) anyplace, and full feel since it’s the same kart. Sim on!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

And add a heater! LOL

The hot air from the gpu/cpu could be harnessed!

The fans help with VR nausea as well. Makes your brain think you’re moving.

1 Like

One of these for me :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Appropriate, given your home base. I suspect you don’t get cool breezes in Dubai.

1 Like

No it’s like driving into a big ass hairdryer on hot :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That sounds familiar and thanks to Laura throw in some humidity at 100+ F.
Stiggy%20Sauna
SWAMPY!!!

Jokes aside, my heart goes out to all the victims along the gulf coast.

1 Like

Not a kart chassis but a f1 participant…

Aston Martin released a new sim rig. It’s wildly priced at 57k pounds.

Kinda looks like it needs an outboard engine in the back, reminiscent of a motorboat.

My boss’ sim rig :grimacing:

Is he single? This would break my spouse. :joy::joy::joy: that’s quite the rig! I assume that’s a formula 3 chassis or some such?

2 Likes

Not sure, he bought it from Merc after F1 few years ago. Think they had it in their hospitality area.

1 Like

Round here they move grand pianos in and out of the apartment buildings using big cranes. Must have been an odd sight to see a formula car being hoisted up to this fellas undoubtedly high up apartment. Let’s assume the whole floor is his.

3 Likes

:rofl: no they just wheeled through the front of one of his palaces. Note the s on the end :rofl:

I guess I found my new adopted dad. :stuck_out_tongue: lol

2 Likes

There is something very similar in the preferred lounge at the Qatar airport. I was ready to spend hours on it but the software was broken

1 Like

Back on the wind thing. I ride road bikes and have a wahoo kickr. A year or two ago they added a fan that syncs via Bluetooth and blows based on how fast you are riding.

Does it add anything meaningful?

I mean cycling yes. Because you’re sweating like crazy. So a fan is a must. But it’s kinda nice that the harder you pedal the faster the fan goes