Sim rigs using used kart chassis

I’ve seen a few people building sim racing rigs out of used kart chassis that they were done with.
I was wondering if anyone on the forums has seen this or built one themselves?

I thought about it but with the time I would’ve had to invest it didn’t seem worth it when you can buy a rig that puts you in roughly the same sitting position. However, the cool factor of having a kart sitting in your room is pretty good.

Would you plan to mount SIM pedals in the area of the kart pedals, or make your kart pedals send a signal to the computer? Cool idea, if you have the space :+1:.

I have been thinking about this as well. The problem is see is the foot box on a car and kart are very different. The kart steering column will be in the way of proper pedal technique. Still think about it though, might just cut up a chassis for the seat mount but at that point I might just start from scratch or buy something.

Here’s one guy’s setup:

2 Likes

I remember we shared an image of a kart that had been adapted to a sim rig a year ago and for some reason it went crazy.

Someone double tapped it on insta today so it popped back up

Kart sim in the UK take it to another level. Perhaps too far :joy:

Old thread but I came across Sydracing who makes a kart sim chassis. It’s not on a kart chassis but supposed to be like a kart. The kart pedals here are hydraulic, I think.

1 Like

You have a link for that?

Here ya go!

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool! Too bad it costs about as much as a new frame. At that price I’d almost rather use an actual kart for the novelty factor of actually having a kart frame

It’s expensive for sure. I am guessing the direct drive wheel alone is over 1k and it does have hydraulic pedals as well, I think. Those are usually north of 1k.

New entrant into the fray.

This with 4-6 shakers would be pretty special.

Here’s an unconventional take… basically a motion rig that rotates. Logic follows: "

Tommy: My biggest motivation for designing the RacingCube was that I was developing interface devices for virtual reality. I learned that if my body movement didn’t correspond to the movement in game, I got motion sick. I then built a motion platform, and the motion sickness disappeared.

1 Like

Might as well give this one a bump with Race Liberante’s setup

1 Like

That must work nicely. I’d put it on rubber isloaters and rig 6 shakers up!

Good to see he’s running frame protectors…also, do you think he moves the seat forward when he has a push?

That would feel great in vr. I’d mount a padded tillet seat though.

This is interesting… a rig made to look like a kart without being a kart…

1 Like

$6900. I saw that. way too much

Yah that’s pretty aspirational

A very exciting new entrant into the very small field:

This looks like a very good product. I am not sure about the giant fans, but it may well add to the experience meaningfully. I do have a fan blowing constantly, not to simulate speed, but for airflow. Might as well simulate speed with air, too.

1 Like