Sim rigs using used kart chassis

I also use a wahoo and agree. Just started doing VR and now Considering a wind setup for my rig.

Wow… I’m… impressed. Must’ve been a replica show car?

I took note at palace first, than saw the s, and was impressed. Maybe it is just a real f1 car, he could afford it

Hi all,
Here is my project based on an older Tecno chassis. It’s a tool for my coaching activity.

https://youtu.be/Ht3cYIKQV4Y
You can see the differents steps : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3047296631973836&type=3

Now that is cool! Dd and everything!

One of the sim rig companies did a kart specific rig (never seen it sold anywhere):

It’s like yours but with motion and wind simulation.

A Swedish firm has an 80/20 rig that is kart specific, too.

https://www.swedishrigdesigns.com/simkart

@Acetre do you use vr in coaching sessions? That’s some tidy wiring. My rig looks like a rats nest.

Built this setup for my son, used an old worn kart seat and some plywood in the garage , cost about $30

1 Like

Great idea. I have an old kart chassis laying around.

Also very nice. Correct seating, too. That’s the thing that sort of drives me nuts is that most sim rigs are for GT style seating.

@Bimodal_Rocket Yes, I use an HP Reverb G2, but some people doesn’t accept VR, so I use a 32" screen

Now I’m installing 2 bass shakers

Shakers! Yay! I love shakers.

Simhub or Simexperience?

Simhub, it’s new for me. I need to test to find the best settings

I am not an audio guy but the simhub discord is full of them. I probably have only scratched at the surface of how to use these shakers.

The discord is called simhub. I’ll try to find how to invite.

Holy Cow. I want this!

I think if you called CXC and promised them lots of $, they’d make you one.

I had to look them up after seeing that. You are not kidding about the piles of $ part. A used system runs $33K. New ones were as high as $100K+. Definitely not for the average individual and more like a corporate venture. Reading through, it sounded like they developed their own software for everything, not just the feedback systems. I’m curious how many tracks they have?

I was under the impressionist used KartKraft as the sim. I am guessing that the motion and fan control software is all custom.

Did they say what titles it can use?

I wonder if you had a sim cafe, how long it would take to make money using these (or other) sim rigs.

Anyone tried that biz?

Well, that’s new car territory. But not a fancy one. So for someone who is deep into sim (like me), it’s kind of justifiable. How much do people spend on audio systems, for example.

I’d be fine with a shit commuter car so long as it had a bumper sticker that said “My other car is a sim rig that is better than your Lambo.”

DKC has a couple of Sim Rigs that they charge for seat time. Personally have never tried it with a real track right outside the door. I could ask Mike how much they bring in.

I saw mikes rig at DKC and tried it briefly. Meh. I got the impression from Mike it was sort of not used much. Sounds like he got new ones.

There is a big fancy 2-seater rig on hydraulics at the local indoor karting place. It looked so amazing until you drive it. Total crap.

I was thinking more along the lines of an Internet cafe that styles itself as a competitive place. Has a race series. I wonder if that would work.

Honey I have a big race. Back in 2 hrs.

Oh, another thing… Alan Dove has been using sim as a teaching/training tool for years! And, as we just saw yesterday from @Acetre, other coaches are using sim as a tool, as well.

@Terence_Dove if you don’t mind, Terence, what’s your opinion on the viability/importance of sim for teaching pros?

Also, I’ve never asked Alan to opine either… @Alan_Dove

No, I think it is the same one. :unamused:

Maybe we can ask the local Dave & Buster’s to invest in a Four Seat Setup.

Ooh. Nick and I will race you and your daughter. Gloves off.

1 Like