Simracing Thread - 2020 Stay-at-Home Edition

I’ll give it a go. Still re learning how to use a controller. :joy:

I don’t see an invite for a championship though.

Well, Project Car2 seems the most common out of the games for the people who have showed interest on this thread. Be cool to see if we can get a race schedule worked up.

James I have it in edit mode right now. I’ll check it out. Then try again.

1 Like

I have Xbox, GT: ZeMuttRacer. As of right now I have Forza 7 and F1 2019, so those are my two votes.

Also, if you look on my profile it’ll say Aaron Ng. Don’t worry, still me, just my mom’s last name.

1 Like

It’s open I saw you had found it.

I’ll play you in F1 2019 later if you want.

1 Like

Added
20 characters +2

Buying pc2 from Walmart. Who knows how long it’ll take to ship. It was only $15

I will be very bad, better get testing

1 Like

I’ve dug the xbox one out, got forza 7 installed and steering wheel and stand will be here tomorrow.

Gamertag: NikG25

2 Likes

Wonder if we should have each run on a Sunday? PC2 followed by Forza7 or something.

1 Like

I should be available from 4pm pst.

Someone should stream, so we know when people are playing what game.

If anyone sees a Used Fanatec for sale could they let me know? Would the pc2 be ongoing? I won’t have it by tomorrow but should be here soon

I’d like to see it continue. We could come up with a race schedule to follow. Pick a car to run, keep the setup as stock with no tuning allowed. I’m in!

The used stuff is almost the same price as new with fanatec unless you are really lucky. I bought my last unit used + 3 wheels. The base lasted a year or so before dying. One of the wheels immediately broke lol. Generally, these things last a long time but with used you take your chances. My thrustmaster tx is going on 7 years old and a friends son is still using it. That being said, Fanatec fixes stuff too. I’ve sent them stuff and they either send the part you need or repair the unit at their facility.

If you want to go the fanatec route, the starter base isnt that expensive and is 90% as good as the csv 2.5.

https://fanatec.com/us-en/bundles/csl-elite-ps4-starter-kit

My .02 cents is let’s get together for some open practices and fun times first, before people start scheduling race leagues. It actually takes a bit of coordination and planning to do all of the league stuff, and most people get burned out after a few rounds having to do all of the pre/post work (ask me how I know. )

Anyway, streaming F1 2019 for shits and giggles right now. I’m thinking whenever I stream, I’ll post a link up here, just for fun. Bad driving, rewinds and all.

Dropped in the race for fun. I think it was a good one.

1 Like

So we are on at noon central I believe with Dedo in PCARS2 possibly followed by some other game.

I shall not likely live up to any expectations given my KK simming.

1 Like

Man, that AI throws some serious shade when he wins. lol

1 Like

Well the poor bastard has to put up with me for thousands of laps so he’s allowed to be a jerk.

1 Like