Simracing Thread - 2020 Stay-at-Home Edition

Davin, how is streaming done through XB?

twitch
its on xbox to download and sign up

Twitch. It’s super easy. Download the app on the XBox, create a Twitch Account and tada.

Opening up the lobby now.

1 Like

“I crash…”

-Pastor Maldonado and GruntyPellinor

Well that was interesting.

1 Like

Thanks Dan! I have to go fpr a bit but will BBL if interested.

It was fun, thanks for joining Dom and James.

Welcome. Thanks for setting it up. Sorry about the kid interrupting :joy:

Copy Copy…good stuff. :rofl:

Well I decided to rejoin my old XBOX F1 2019 league, and @NikG is going to be my Red Bull teammate, so I’ll drop the stream links here.

https://twitter.com/LegacyChRacing

Races will be 8:30am PST.

This could be remarkable embarrassing for me, tune in!

1 Like

Stream and I watch you guys. Or record it.

1 Like

Oh I’ll be doing both :stuck_out_tongue:

I just got a wheel to go with my PC and downloaded iRacing for the first time this weekend. Anyone here participate in any league events there regularly? Ideally any folks who don’t think that the best time to rejoin the track after a spin is right when I’m coming through? :grin:

Hehe. Situational awareness is apparently optional in the Miata
Spec iracing series.

I’m no expert but I think the way it works is you pick a series (Miata for example) and they have a different track every week? Anyways, the races run every hour or so with practice in between. I think you just log in, look at what’s coming up, register, go practice till race starts and rinse, repeat. At the end of the week? (Month maybe?) they tally up points and you see where you stand overall.

There’s base cars and tracks that are free. As you wish to try new things, you can easily buy additional cars/tracks.

Outside of the iracing provided racing I believe you are correct that folks also set up leagues. I have seen folks starting “newbie” leagues, for example.

Yeah through this point I’ve done a handful of the official Miata races with randomly matched people, though I guess I got promoted and can do a few of the lower Formula series now. I just saw that there were some options for custom leagues/events and was curious if anyone here has given those a go or if there was enough interest in maybe trying one out.

Maybe I should dive back into iracing. I got distracted by kartkraft but iracing has serious staying power. (But no karts). I racing should buy KK and integrate it.

When’s the next project cars 2 race? My game just arrived

1 Like

Cool Elias, We can schedule something soon. I’m open weekday evenings after 4 central time.