SKUSA SuperNationals 24 - Mega Thread

i se where your coming from but last year i was racing a 2015 cadet chassi thats gone true everything possible and i was still able to race front pack

What brand if you don’t mind me asking?

DR does well with Modena. Not sure why they are the only ones with them.

TM is the gold standard for sprint racing. Better bottom and mid make for a more balanced power curve than the Modena. I believe DR has direct ties to Modena, which is why you see the DR factory guys always using them.

1 Like

That. If I recall correctly, some time ago the lead engineer for Modena engines left and the Company took a different path, KK2 was developed after that and development/distribution was given to DR.

As for comparison (based on dyno results I’ve seen myself comparing top engines)

TM: better bottom and mid
Modena: highest power of them all, but very peaky/narrow band
Iame KZ (Screamer Black): slightly below Modena in top power but very broad and flat band at high RPMs. Weaker low-mid

The new Iame Screamer III are developing at a rapid pace in Europe, with few big teams making the switch already.It will be interesting to see if they will challenge TMs in the overall market, as support, parts availability and cost of TMs are hard to beat. Surprised to see that nobody runs Iame KZ at SuperNats this year.

Vortex is the only one I have no data for

Any feedback on the new fuel from Aspen? How does it smell? :smiley:

I’ve heard it stanks.

Show is starting. Quality is not so great as I type though. Technical difficulties I guess. Live shows are hard.

1 Like

Great racing in the Micro final!

Well, we know KA100 Senior will be the feel good story of the weekend.

Wild finish.

I’ve seen a lot of racing, of many different types, and remember few races as crazy as KA was at the end! My own feel good story is to (very) casually know someone involved with the 4th place kart.

KA won by Lemke but then DQ’d in tech for a decal on his airbox… unreal.

We all know that’s a rule but it feels insane to take away a win because you have a sticker on your airbox.

Terlecki DQ’d for the same thing.

Is this a new rule? Seems silly that they would break it. Dumb rule nonetheless.

1 Like

Never knew that rule.

It is absolutely not a new rule.

Know your rulebook. Be responsible for your kart passing tech.

Man, what a ridiculous rule…but if ever a time to make sure you dot all the i’s, Supernats is it. Bet he’ll never make that mistake again.

1 Like

From my experience most people don’t read the regulations to any appreciable degree

Need some retired f1 engineers in there

They overturned the DQs.

It’s a dumb rule but we’ve known about it for years, I was amazed people still were running decals on their airboxes.

Silly penalty but rules are rules. However I’m glad it sounds like common sense prevailed. I guess juniors had a few as well that got bounced and overturned.

2 Likes

That’s good to hear. I get rules are rules but I also like to think rules are generally there for a reason…but I can’t for the life of me think of a good reason why there would be a rule against decals on the airbox.

1 Like