SKUSA SuperNationals 26 - TJ Driver Diary

Yes KFM; from a long gone time when people could laugh at themselves, and everyone else. :wink:

I like feel-around movies to this day. I need a Big Jim Slade as backup.

Is TJ 1:30 or 1:40

I see nothing wrong here. A typical night at a middle America dirt oval :slight_smile:

Neither. He’s in KA100 Senior, so morning group. They should be on track soon.

Looks like he’s Group D for the heats.

Thank you! Forgot he was ka100.

Had a good start and made up probably five spots in turn 1, but we got bottled up behind a couple of crashing karts and I had to stop, get out, and push my kart around them. At that point I was so far behind I was about to get lapped so I got black flagged off.

Kart felt a little better after wholesale changes but still not fast enough.

3 Likes

This race track seems prone to folks coming together. Seems like there’s karts all over the place looking to stick a nose in. I’m sorry you had to deal with that.

Honestly it looks like KA Jr. was more mature in terms of battling and leaving space than KA Sr. No idea why Carr wouldn’t stop battling Lemke - they were both faster than Jones.

Lemke (Oktane visual helmet, so related to TJ in that way :smiley: ) looks hooked up.

I’m no cartographer but I don’t think you measured the track

Just happened to open a tab and caught the end of the race.
Finish and some spaces made up…

Aha! Penalties I suppose or was there a push that I missed on video?

@tjkoyen looks like you’re making progress! Fastest lap times you’ve gone so far, yeah?

How’s it feeling? What’s it need? Let us role play as remote TJ for a day :grin:

1 Like

I’m gonna pass on meme-ing this one. It’s too fraught with dissapoint for our pal TJ.

1 Like

When you see this:

Makes you feel like this

Nervous Key And Peele GIF

1 Like

So I raised the front ride height, went max caster, put the bar in, and then moved the tie rods down on the steering shaft to speed up the steering. My goal is to dump as much front end into it as possible. That worked! Front end is very heavy and responsive now, so those changes were positive. The problem is this back up chassis we had to switch to is significantly stiffer than the original we started on, so it probably isn’t ideal for this track and tire and engine. So we are still struggling to get the rear to flex, it just feels too stiff and won’t keep the inside rear unloaded. We are now going to short hubs, soft axle, and wider on the front for tomorrow’s heat. We are getting closer but it’s crazy… no one is DNF’ing so it’s very hard to make up enough spots to make it to the final. Even if I win the final heat I will be in the LCQ so tomorrow will be big pressure to the make final.

I got a pushback in that heat as well for accidentally punting Hodgson which I felt really bad about… but there were lots of PBB penalties so I ended up only losing one spot after penalties.

Surely it’s times for the Tillet seat, slap a VG and get her soft!

1 Like

Yeah I think a VG would help. Hard sell to remove the AMV branded seat though! It does feel soft.

Back when I was 130 my dad, as well as anyone else who helped lift my kart, started buying me lunch at every race in hopes that I would gain weight

1 Like

Plenty of options left before getting desperate with the VG slap :laughing:

Have you tried high rear ride height? Cut axle? What sort of floor tray is installed? Loosen crotch bolts on the seat?