SKUSA SuperNationals 26 - TJ Driver Diary

Funny how the never lifting rental karts thing turned out :joy:

They’re there to make progress, no?

First thing I did with the croc was whip the imaf out and put a tillet in. Maybe it’s a British thing lol.

:raising_hand_man:
Twenty characters lalalalalala

Actually, you have a point. But we were paid to lift, we got free practice sessions for team.

Above the front geometry that you have outlined (which seems crazy when read but i kinda get it, parking lot with 2cm of dust on the floor), don’t you think the front bar is counterproductive here?

I can’t really tell because you haven’t fully described the symptoms but if the rear is too stiff already binding the chassis from flexing in the mid section through the bar may not be wished. I suppose you’re sliding nevertheless, if you’re trying to add grip with the soft axle.

Probably the right direction independent of other parameters, given the uber bumpy nature of the track. Will help with braking stability.

2 Likes

You know how everyone tells ya “Chill out, it’s not like Roger Penske is going to show up looking for his next Indy Car driver!” ??. :rofl:

1 Like

That’s can’t be the real Roger Penske right? This tempts me to log in as Toto Wolff.

1 Like

So you can register a complaint? :joy:

I can’t imagine it’s the real RP, but the guy at lest went to the effort of using a picture of the real RP as his avatar.

I can provide a hand drawing to legitimize my point!

Any other time I’d say move the seat forward but you’re probably going to want some weight over the rear for those spicy braking zones.

Heck maybe that’s the ticket… move the seat back, dynamite people on the brakes and make them suffer on exit while your chassis unbinds :laughing:

I had high rear ride height on the other kart. We can do that yet here.

Seat is as far forward as it will go. Crotch bolts already loose.

Front bar is a nylon bar so not stiff at all but I am debating removing it tomorrow morning because yes, I’m concerned it is keeping the kart flatter.

Keep in mind this chassis is an all 32 I am on now, so it is going to take crazy setup to make it work on these hard tires in a parking lot with a KA on it.

2 Likes

If you were 6’3” and 225, she would work like a champ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Send in an old fat ringer! Nah, I’d rather see TJ.

How Adakonis dealing with the 32/30mm kart?

Struggling on and off but they have gotten closer on times overall so some progress is happening. Trying to work together to dial in the chassis, I’ve found a couple things I think and hoping they help him too. But he’s in the blender like I am so he is battling just to not get wrecked.

Not a great day for him either.

2 Likes

Yeah just got wiped out in the last corner on the last lap… tire, radiator, maybe axle and wheel. Once you dig that hole of starting in the back you’re stuck in sh*t all day.

It seems that the carnage is widespread. My feed just gave me this. I only saw TJs heats so this was news to me.
This Nats feels particularly unhinged.
I agree.

“It’s amazing how much damage those plastic barriers can do on a kart if they hook a wheel.”

Yup…. Lol

At least it’s easy to spot you all with your bright orange suits.

1 Like